A job that i don't care for

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Whilst chatting away to one of the heads of the rspca regarding the fox attack in London, she said i could quote her on this.

Over a period of seven years, 1,939 fox droppings were collected in Oxford. Only 8 of these droppings were contaminated with cat fur but this didn't prove that fox had killed cats. The fur was most likely from carrion as a result of cats being hit by cars.

This isn't a job i'd fancy.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Peter Lake;1315953 wrote: Whilst chatting away to one of the heads of the rspca regarding the fox attack in London, she said i could quote her on this.

Over a period of seven years, 1,939 fox droppings were collected in Oxford. Only 8 of these droppings were contaminated with cat fur but this didn't prove that fox had killed cats. The fur was most likely from carrion as a result of cats being hit by cars.

This isn't a job i'd fancy.

Incredible!! You are telling me that some agency actually examines fox droppings to determine what they have eaten? If only eight of the tested droppings contained cat fur I think it would be nice to know what the contents were of the other droppings. After all, I would think it important to determine that the foxes are eating well balanced meals lest they become nutritionally deprived. It would probably be helpful if the same agency took selected human droppings from say----------certain neighborhoods in the UK to determine their eating habits. Ah government----------what next?:wah:
DrLeftover

Post by DrLeftover »

Your tax dollars at work.

but how did they know it was real fox crap they were examining?
[Signature Removed]
Raven

Post by Raven »

I only deal with human poo.

Fox poo as a general rule, (from what I can tell) looks like a long crysallis or cocoon. It is really weird looking. Wouldnt want to go sifting through it tho. GROSS!:-2 Come to think of it, sifting through human poo isnt nice either.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

DrLeftover;1316036 wrote: Your tax dollars at work.

but how did they know it was real fox crap they were examining?
It probably had a SLYte smell to it.:D
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

DrLeftover;1316036 wrote: Your tax dollars at work.

but how did they know it was real fox crap they were examining? This isn't our tax that's funded this operation as the rspca, royal society for the prevention of cruelty to animals, is funded by voluntary donations from the public alone although it's a registered charity.

The survey was carried out to allay fears that urban fox were killing cats, something that's much of an urban myth.

How do you know if it's fox poo? Simple, just take one of my dogs with you and they'll find it, roll in it and eat it. :o
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I think that job would be way better than say, being the guy dressed as a hot dog out in front of some crappy hot dog restaurant. Waving at all the cars while every single passer by is thinking "what a creepy dork that guy is"

Forget that !
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “General Chit Chat”