Passion

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
guppy

Passion

Post by guppy »

When i was younger i had passion for life..somehwere along the line i lost it..i remember my ex looking at me..like..where does my drive come from..my passion..i knew he didnt feel it...now i dont..and i dont know why...do you lose it as you get older? how do i get it back..what inside me is broken..eh?
Betty Boop

Passion

Post by Betty Boop »

I bet when you were younger you loved yourself...

Do you love yourself anymore? Really love and accept you, as who you are, warts and all?
Oscar Namechange

Passion

Post by Oscar Namechange »

guppy;1327836 wrote: When i was younger i had passion for life..somehwere along the line i lost it..i remember my ex looking at me..like..where does my drive come from..my passion..i knew he didnt feel it...now i dont..and i dont know why...do you lose it as you get older? how do i get it back..what inside me is broken..eh?

I am so sorry you feel like this and be assured we all go through times like this.

Drive comes from new challenges In life I believe and a desire to succeed In those challenges.

How ever old we get we do need new Interests and new challenges to keep us alive or we stagnate.

I have met so many people who say 'Oh I am too old for that'...

Look for new challenges... Is there an Interest that you have always wanted to do but never had the time?

When you get excited about a new challenge, you will find your passion will return. :-4
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Passion

Post by Odie »

guppy;1327836 wrote: When i was younger i had passion for life..somehwere along the line i lost it..i remember my ex looking at me..like..where does my drive come from..my passion..i knew he didnt feel it...now i dont..and i dont know why...do you lose it as you get older? how do i get it back..what inside me is broken..eh?

Sometimes as we get older we do lose our passion for life, as we have already done it all and been there..........

what's left?

try and find something new you would love to do.

an interst, hobby, a meet-up club, working out, making a once a week dinner or lunch out with friends or family..etc.

Since my X left last year I have found passion.....all on my own.

I have done and learned so many things I can do inside and outside on my house.

This gives me passion, to exceed in all the projects I have done, I am now independent and can do practically anything.

So each morning, I have prepared the day or days before what I am doing to do, whether its simple housework, going to my pet store to buy plants or fish, or a project.

This week I have been staining my porch deck. Its a huge project as it needs a few coats and I also have 3 other projects on the go.

These are things that give me passion, a reason to get up happy each day.

I am not going to say I am happy everyday.....no one is, and there are times of depression and anxiety.

Plus I love being on my own now, its quiet and peaceful, plus my 5 cats and tropical fish tank I just adore keep me busy, plus my gardening.

so think about something you would would love to do.

I find keeping busy is the best thing for me, it keeps me active and relieves stress, then I feel good about myself.
Life is just to short for drama.
chonsigirl

Passion

Post by chonsigirl »

You don't lose it, it sometimes gets hidden in a corner of a busy life. Dust out the things that made you shine before, and try them again. Look for some new things to keep you excited about life.
probably

Passion

Post by probably »

Interesting topic - to me, anyway, at this moment.

I think it's possible to get stale at any age, but it certainly gets harder to rekindle the flame as one ages. It takes extra effort - there's so much cynicism to contend with, plus plain tiredness!

How do you get it back? You're looking for it - you'll find it. I hope that's the case :-6
OpenMind

Passion

Post by OpenMind »

Ennui, too many knocks, time of life, loss of interest. It could be one or more things including an underlying illness that takes away your passion. But do make sure you set aside time for yourself.

Hope you manage to find it again soon, Guppy.
Oscar Namechange

Passion

OpenMind;1327854 wrote: Ennui, too many knocks, time of life, loss of interest. It could be one or more things including an underlying illness that takes away your passion. But do make sure you set aside time for yourself.

Hope you manage to find it again soon, Guppy. After I wrote my post I did think that Guppy should tell her Doctor. Depression could be setting In and he will be able to help.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lon

Passion

Post by Lon »

I agree with Oscar. Although you are a nurse you just may be missing symptoms of depression. Your Profile indicates that you have varied interests and one or more of these could trigger a new lust for life. Or, perhaps developing a new interest or passion like painting, taking up piano etc. could kindle the old passion for life. Age has nothing to do with it.
spot

Passion

Post by spot »

Gupster, the Lord is obviously calling you to join a contemplative silent order dedicated to prayer and the mortification of the flesh. The signs are all there. I could find you a few brochures if that would help.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
along-for-the-ride

Passion

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Anticipation.....................having something to look forward to. A short vacation, a new book , a new movie, a visit or a phone call to someone you haven't talked to for awhile, a change in routine.

The cynicism and the obligations we aquire with age sometimes try to take away our passion for life. Sometimes, we feel we don't have a right to be passionate anymore because we are supposed to be mature. "Bullpucky!", I say. The great joy of life is that it still can offer us some pleasant surprises at any age. I do hope you discover a pleasant surprise or two soon. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
spot

Passion

Post by spot »

along-for-the-ride;1327942 wrote: Anticipation.....................having something to look forward to. A short vacation, a new book , a new movie, a visit or a phone call to someone you haven't talked to for awhile, a change in routine.You don't regard that as a trivial second best compared to a life of contemplation?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
mikeinie

Passion

Post by mikeinie »

spot;1327890 wrote: Gupster, the Lord is obviously calling you to join a contemplative silent order dedicated to prayer and the mortification of the flesh. The signs are all there. I could find you a few brochures if that would help.

:yh_rotfl
mikeinie

Passion

Post by mikeinie »

Go roll yourself a good thick joint, smoke it, put on some headphones, and listen to Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon.

It will fix everything
Odie

Passion

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1328018 wrote: Go roll yourself a good thick joint, smoke it, put on some headphones, and listen to Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon.

It will fix everything

:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Passion

mikeinie;1328018 wrote: Go roll yourself a good thick joint, smoke it, put on some headphones, and listen to Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon.

It will fix everything
Sorry Mike... I do not find that funny.

Finding life a struggle can be debilitating and affecting every-thing In the home, work and personal relationships.

Frankly, It Is this kind of attitude that leads to people being un-treated for depression... a real Illness.

It Is this kind of 'snap out of It' attitude that has led to the misery of many when first experiencing depression.

To even begin to suggest rolling a splif Is condescending and patronising.
along-for-the-ride

Passion

Post by along-for-the-ride »

spot;1327998 wrote: You don't regard that as a trivial second best compared to a life of contemplation?

Prayer and meditation has it's place in one's life, but I don't know if most of us would want to devote our whole life to contemplation. Life is supposed to be fun, too. JMO
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
fuzzywuzzy

Passion

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Thank you Gupster. .
JacksDad

Passion

Post by JacksDad »

Thank you Guppy and Fuzzy.

I used to thrive on passion. I played bass and sang on stage, I wooed the women, Rode my Harley....Then it all just disappeared.

Maybe the three of us should get together and complain until we start to have fun.

Return to “General Chit Chat”