Summer vacation

someguy

Summer vacation

Post by someguy »

We don't need it, slows down our children's learning, and should be replaced with summer school.
flopstock

Summer vacation

Post by flopstock »

Mine does different things in the summer. she took art, volleyball and dance this year. not enough time during the school year to focus on everything that makes her a well rounded kid, imo.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Mustang

Summer vacation

Post by Mustang »

There's already talk about extending the school year.

Calls for longer school years face budget reality - Yahoo! News

For that to happen the state budgets with have to find a way to pay for the increase in teachers salaries.
K.Snyder

Summer vacation

Post by K.Snyder »

Mustang;1335538 wrote: There's already talk about extending the school year.

Calls for longer school years face budget reality - Yahoo! News

For that to happen the state budgets with have to find a way to pay for the increase in teachers salaries.

Days won't be added on they'll be disbursed throughout. The salaries will stay the same only the teachers will have a week within each month to grade and catch up ultimately calming everyone's nerves.

The only downside I see is the summer camp kids who need to be accompanied during those medial weeks.

I like the idea myself.

Return to “Societal Issues News”