The Social Network

koan

The Social Network

Post by koan »

Is it wrong to love this part?

Gage: Mr. Zuckerberg, do I have your full attention?

Mark Zuckerberg: [stares out the window] No.

Gage: Do you think I deserve it?

Mark Zuckerberg: [looks at the lawyer] What?

Gage: Do you think I deserve your full attention?

Mark Zuckerberg: I had to swear an oath before we began this deposition, and I don't want to perjure myself, so I have a legal obligation to say no.

Gage: Okay - no. You don't think I deserve your attention.

Mark Zuckerberg: I think if your clients want to sit on my shoulders and call themselves tall, they have the right to give it a try - but there's no requirement that I enjoy sitting here listening to people lie. You have part of my attention - you have the minimum amount. The rest of my attention is back at the offices of Facebook, where my colleagues and I are doing things that no one in this room, including and especially your clients, are intellectually or creatively capable of doing.

[pauses]

Did I adequately answer your condescending question?
CARLA

The Social Network

Post by CARLA »

Looks like I will put this movie on my need to see list. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Ahso!

The Social Network

Post by Ahso! »

I thought it sucked, couldn't even finish watching.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
koan

The Social Network

Post by koan »

It's on Ebert's 4* list. Whether or not you care for Ebert's opinions, it puts it on my good enough to watch list.
koan

The Social Network

Post by koan »

I'm still subtly thinking about this. I'm working over in my mind how this is likely to play exactly the same way if you were to put random people in the same positions. Once in a while, someone would have played good puppy and made a billion dollars for someone else but... overall, nope. I think Zuckerberg did what most people capable of doing what he did would do.... imo, should do.

except for his co-founding buddy who rightfully got reinstated and shouldn't have had to sue for it.
martha

The Social Network

Post by martha »

Sure won a lot of awards last night. Think I should watch it to find out what's so special.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”