The Wire

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
koan

The Wire

Post by koan »

Just heard of this HBO series. It's supposed to be the best cop show ever made. Only watched the pilot so far and there are seven seasons but the pilot seems like a good indicator that it won't be disappointing.
theia

The Wire

Post by theia »

I've just started watching this...ITV3 is showing repeats once a week. It's very good.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Snooz

The Wire

Post by Snooz »

There were seven seasons!?! I think I've only watched four of them and kept meaning to watch what I thought was the last.

It was the first time I had ever seen Idris Elba and I was shocked to find out he wasn't American. His accent was amazingly good.
koan

The Wire

Post by koan »

Rechecked and there are only five seasons.

The pilot episode started with an awesome conversation about a dead kid named "Snot."

"His name was snot?"

"Yeah, Snot Boogie"

Dominic West's character is really impressive. Takes it all in stride. Normally the hero cop is an emotional brute.
Snooz

The Wire

Post by Snooz »

One unique thing about this show is that the 'hero' character is always shifting from season to season. McNulty eventually becomes a background character when they focus on another member of the team. I don't think I've ever seen that done before.
Bez

The Wire

Post by Bez »

I loved the Wire.

Dominic West is also a 'Brit' and was in a series over here called 'The Hour' which was very good.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Snooz

The Wire

Post by Snooz »

It's funny to hear an actor you had previously thought was a fellow countryman... I thought Tracey Ullman was putting on an accent at the end of one of her shows back in the late 80s and it really drove me crazy since we didn't have computers to google. I had already known Hugh Laurie was English but a lot of people over here were shocked to find out he wasn't really American.
scarletgirl44

The Wire

Post by scarletgirl44 »

I love the Wire this was one of the best written shows on television ever. This season of The Wire was the best season yet!This season you see more of the new generation stepping to the forefront and letting you know what the future holds.

Return to “General TV Shows”