Principles...

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Oscar Namechange

Principles...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Do you think the BBC or any Commercial channel should employ any tv presenter who has been sent to prison ?

Just wondering.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lon

Principles...

Post by Lon »

I don't see where having been in prison would have any bearing on one's ability or credibility in presenting the news in a professional manner. If the presenter were to state his or her personal opinions on the news being broadcast that might be a different matter, particularly if the opinion had to do with the crime that the presenter was in prison for.
Oscar Namechange

Principles...

Lon;1398370 wrote: I don't see where having been in prison would have any bearing on one's ability or credibility in presenting the news in a professional manner. If the presenter were to state his or her personal opinions on the news being broadcast that might be a different matter, particularly if the opinion had to do with the crime that the presenter was in prison for.
I agree totally with you.

However what about an antiques dealer who spent 4 years In prison for serious Fraud now on TV advising the public about their valuables?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Principles...

Post by LarsMac »

Perhaps he/she has been rehabilitated. ????

If he isn't trying to buy or sell those valuables for which he is advising, what does it matter?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Principles...

Post by Bruv »

Are you on about mahogany features ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Principles...

Bruv;1398418 wrote: Are you on about mahogany features ?Yep
Bruv

Principles...

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1398420 wrote: Yep

It's long in the past, he has had a long and reputable career since then.
Oscar Namechange

Principles...

Bruv;1398435 wrote: It's long in the past, he has had a long and reputable career since then. So you'd be happy with a convicted Paedophile presenting a childrens programme because It ' was a long time ago'?
Bruv

Principles...

Post by Bruv »

Who are we talking about now ?
Oscar Namechange

Principles...

Bruv;1398458 wrote: Who are we talking about now ? No-one... I'm talking about principles.

No tv channel would employ a convicted Paedophile to present a childrens show would they?
Bruv

Principles...

Post by Bruv »

Sorry.......I forgot I was talking to a woman, overlooked 'women's logic'.

How can you equate a pedophile children's TV presenter with an antique dealer with a past, who presents a TV show ?
Oscar Namechange

Principles...

Bruv;1398468 wrote: Sorry.......I forgot I was talking to a woman, overlooked 'women's logic'.

How can you equate a pedophile children's TV presenter with an antique dealer with a past, who presents a TV show ?

I'm just exploring the principle of tv companies not employing a convicted child abuser to present a children's show but are happy to employ a convicted fraudster to advise the public on selling their goods.
Bruv

Principles...

Post by Bruv »

Nothing more I can say, other than......just like my wife you have stunned me into silence......I am say here with my mouth open....aghast.

Paedophile with kids......no no..........jumped up iffy spiv with a few heirlooms....don't care.
Lon

Principles...

Post by Lon »

oscar;1398381 wrote: I agree totally with you.

However what about an antiques dealer who spent 4 years In prison for serious Fraud now on TV advising the public about their valuables?
It would be no different than a home burglar advising people on how to protect their home. Who would be better qualified?
Betty Boop

Principles...

Post by Betty Boop »

Bruv;1398504 wrote: Nothing more I can say, other than......just like my wife you have stunned me into silence......I am say here with my mouth open....aghast.

Paedophile with kids......no no..........jumped up iffy spiv with a few heirlooms....don't care.

I have no idea how it took that jump either, so don't you blame 'women's logic' :wah:

I was stunned into silence too, that's quite a jump and a bit extremist. Not all women think with that odd sort of logic :wah::wah:
Bruv

Principles...

Post by Bruv »

As soon as I said that, I knew I was going to get some stick.

It may be an over generalisation, but I do think women and men think differently
Saint_

Principles...

Post by Saint_ »

The real question you are asking here, Oscar, is " Can people change their fundamental nature?" Is it "Once a crook, always a crook?" or do people sometimes rewrite themselves completely?

I can tell you for a fact that I know people can change. My business is people, after all. And I am an expert in my field.
Vaishali

Principles...

Post by Vaishali »

I dont think...

:-6

And I learnt from my friend that never give up there is always many options..

Return to “General TV Shows”