what would you have done?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

What would you have done?

Well at first I was stumped by surprise. Later I got real angry..

Most of you know quite a bit about my "adventures" over the past year as regards to my health. And I mentioned before I "have" O.C.D. tendencies.

I clean my desk every day at work, mostly I sit in the same spot but not all the time. So I just give the desk a quick wipe + keyboard and mouse, so it's nice and fesh and non sticky for the day. (people spill so much coffee it's unbelievable.)

So my female colleague does the same. Friday they are all going bowling. So I laughed and said to one of my male colleagues: "Should I tell her about what can be found in the finger holes of a bowlingball".

Another male colleague (who knows about my ocd and health issues) just belted out (in an angry fashion): well people with ocd who think like that, are always long term sick. They should just die already.

So I said: Pardon me? So I should just go off and die right now?!

He said: Yes just get on with it.

I left it at that (it was the end of my shift) and I went home.. I was just so stumped about what he had said. Later I got quite angry. I will talk to my supervisor on friday (when i'm back at work).

It just seems to me that it's not normal for someone to say people with ocd/ an illness should just go and die already ...

He was making mean remarks prior to that all morning but ended it sort of in a laughing way, so I didn't take much notice.. but that last remark.. ?

In hindsight, I wish I had wrapped the keyboard round his face.

I'm a bit angry with myself for not acting on it straight away.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Chloe_88;1450000 wrote: What would you have done?

Well at first I was stumped by surprise. Later I got real angry..

Most of you know quite a bit about my "adventures" over the past year as regards to my health. And I mentioned before I "have" O.C.D. tendencies.

I clean my desk every day at work, mostly I sit in the same spot but not all the time. So I just give the desk a quick wipe + keyboard and mouse, so it's nice and fesh and non sticky for the day. (people spill so much coffee it's unbelievable.)

So my female colleague does the same. Friday they are all going bowling. So I laughed and said to one of my male colleagues: "Should I tell her about what can be found in the finger holes of a bowlingball".

Another male colleague (who knows about my ocd and health issues) just belted out (in an angry fashion): well people with ocd who think like that, are always long term sick. They should just die already.

So I said: Pardon me? So I should just go off and die right now?!

He said: Yes just get on with it.

I left it at that (it was the end of my shift) and I went home.. I was just so stumped about what he had said. Later I got quite angry. I will talk to my supervisor on friday (when i'm back at work).

It just seems to me that it's not normal for someone to say people with ocd/ an illness should just go and die already ...

He was making mean remarks prior to that all morning but ended it sort of in a laughing way, so I didn't take much notice.. but that last remark.. ?

In hindsight, I wish I had wrapped the keyboard round his face.

I'm a bit angry with myself for not acting on it straight away.

You're the only one who can judge whether he meant it the way it reads or whether he way just mouthing off but at the very least it was extremely rude and insensitive.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

That's true.. but looking at me with piercing eyes and a bright red vein popping face says enough i think ?

* not to mention he had the screaming abdabs with the supervisor when I was leaving about a small process that had changed.

He's been having a go at some else for 3 weeks. she wasn't in today, so I guess I was targeted.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Chloe_88;1450004 wrote: That's true.. but looking at me with piercing eyes and a bright red vein popping face says enough i think ?

As I say, you are the only one able to judge that.

If so I'd agree it needs taking further.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Sounds to me like it is he who has the problem, not you.

The imp in me suggests to find a comment like that to make each day, and watch his veins pop.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

LarsMac;1450006 wrote: The imp in me suggests to find a comment like that to make each day, and watch his veins pop.

Now, that would be funny!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Chloe_88;1450007 wrote: Now, that would be funny!

But whatever you do.......................keep your cool............now that is irritating
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

Bruv;1450011 wrote: But whatever you do.......................keep your cool............now that is irritating

I'll try.. I have great difficulty with that. My last employer is still scared of me. I think that says enough.. I have 1,5 days to calm down before talking about it with my supervisor.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Chloe! You said "Should I tell her about what can be found in the finger holes of a bowlingball".

Now I can't stop thinking about that...................all the disgusting possibilities................feces, snot & worse! Not to mention old crumbs of food!

You're very smart.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

yep and worse is, over here, whilst you are bowling a "fried food" plate will go round, and everybody will eat without washing their hands.. Yuk..
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Double Yuk!!
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

My son uses his own ball. If you like to bowl, maybe you should consider that.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

I would if i'd go bowling.. In this case it's a work do.. I don't go to those.. I spend enough time with these people at work, don't want to give up my free time and spend it with them aswell :wah:
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1450022 wrote: Chloe! You said "Should I tell her about what can be found in the finger holes of a bowlingball".

Now I can't stop thinking about that...................all the disgusting possibilities................feces, snot & worse! Not to mention old crumbs of food!

You're very smart.

I just remember the old saying, "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

Fortunately for me, my OCD tendencies are not around germs, and other people's hygiene. Where I grew up, that would have been a problem.
- DH Lawrence
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

LarsMac;1450029 wrote: I just remember the old saying, "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

Fortunately for me, my OCD tendencies are not around germs, and other people's hygiene. Where I grew up, that would have been a problem.

Even though I have "problems" with that, I do agree. (strange ha!).

I don't mind animal germs.. but other peoples body fluids, yuk.. also raw meat does it for me .. my dettol and boiling water comes out then..
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

UHH, now I feel sick.

Been decades since I last went bowling and now wonder about what I stuck my fingers into.

Gives me something to think about should I decide to again throw a ball.:thinking:
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

Sorry about that! Hihi
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

See, me, I'd just have to annoy the feck out of him for the rest of his life.

I'd wait until he was really concentrating over something and then start dusting his desk and tidying up around him. Then I'd get wet wipes and follow him everywhere cleaning down every surface seconds after he's touched them.

When I'd finished that, I'd punch him In the face and pin a notice up on the office wall telling everyone he has a very small penis.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1450043 wrote: See, me, I'd just have to annoy the feck out of him for the rest of his life.

I'd wait until he was really concentrating over something and then start dusting his desk and tidying up around him. Then I'd get wet wipes and follow him everywhere cleaning down every surface seconds after he's touched them.

When I'd finished that, I'd punch him In the face and pin a notice up on the office wall telling everyone he has a very small penis.

I think, if Chloe did what you suggest in your last sentence, she would no doubt get a severe ticking off from her 'boss' at the very least, and possibly even get fired !!! :(
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

Yeah I think that would have got me the boot if I did that..

but nonetheless Oscars post put a smile on my face :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

G#Gill;1450047 wrote: I think, if Chloe did what you suggest in your last sentence, she would no doubt get a severe ticking off from her 'boss' at the very least, and possibly even get fired !!! :(

FFS :-5:-5:-5

Chloe knows me well enough to know my post was very much tongue In cheek. It's Intention was to make her smile which I'm pleased It did.

If I seriously meant for her to punch him In the face, she'd be arrested. FFS

However, I would still follow him with wet wipes though
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

oscar;1450074 wrote: FFS :-5:-5:-5

Chloe knows me well enough to know my post was very much tongue In cheek. It's Intention was to make her smile which I'm pleased It did.

If I seriously meant for her to punch him In the face, she'd be arrested. FFS

However, I would still follow him with wet wipes though

Doesn't mean that I don't feel like using your plan of action! :wah:

And yeah like I said your post made me laugh!

Although my mum witnessed a woman being punched in the park for no reason today. (serveral times).

The police said, we're not coming out, just come to the station tomorrow. wtf!
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Chloe OMG! that's terrible! even if he was joking that was rude and mean and in really poor taste!
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

Talked to my supervisor today.. he couldn't believe it!

This rude colleague had already had "words" with the supervisor about something silly.

So this "problem" just added to everything, the supervisor wanted to have a "chat" with this colleague already but now is speeding it up because of what the colleague said to me.

Someone is not going to be a happy bunny next week :wah:
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Chloe_88;1450174 wrote: Talked to my supervisor today.. he couldn't believe it!

This rude colleague had already had "words" with the supervisor about something silly.

So this "problem" just added to everything, the supervisor wanted to have a "chat" with this colleague already but now is speeding it up because of what the colleague said to me.

Someone is not going to be a happy bunny next week :wah:

I'm glad it's getting sorted and it will be even better coming from the "management" :)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Sounds like this colleague has some personal issues that he has forgot to leave at home.
- DH Lawrence
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

LarsMac;1450215 wrote: Sounds like this colleague has some personal issues that he has forgot to leave at home.

Like I said, I've known him for 5 years now... It seems everything is the fault of everybody else..

Just my luck though.. he was the only one in my team working today... we spent the day in silence..
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Chloe_88;1450355 wrote: Like I said, I've known him for 5 years now... It seems everything is the fault of everybody else..

Just my luck though.. he was the only one in my team working today... we spent the day in silence..

That could be a blessing.
- DH Lawrence
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

It's only fair to mention, my superisor talked to me today.

He told me he had a talk with my colleague on wednesday. The colleague in question was quite upset, he didn't realise what he had said, untill someone else told him.

I always thought this colleague spoke before he thought, but again it's no excuse for what he said.

But like I told my supervisor, I wasn't "telling on him" to get him in trouble or to make him feel bad, eventhough I was very angry at the time. + he was very lucky my temper isn't the same as it was 5 years ago..

The colleague phoned in today and asked for the day off, it had upset him so much for what he had said to me, that he hadn't slept for 2 nights.

I feel he is genuinely sorry for what he said. My supervisor told me that my colleague might want to talk to me in private on monday.. I told him that's fine.

I also sent my colleague a short email, just explaining why his remark made me so angry but that I would set it aside, forgive and forget as I felt he was genuinely sorry.

Return to “General Chit Chat”