You Never Forget

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Hope6

You Never Forget

Post by Hope6 »

I can't believe how fast time goes by. My dad passed away 33 years ago today. I was a teenager, he was only 55. No matter how much time goes by, you never forget.

I love you Daddy. :)
AnneBoleyn

You Never Forget

Post by AnneBoleyn »

55 is real young. I'm sorry for your loss, but glad that you remember him with love & will never forget him.
Hope6

You Never Forget

Post by Hope6 »

Thank you Anne, yes 55 is really young, and it does something to you I think when you lose a parent before you're grown up. I do remember him with love because he is the greatest man I have ever known, mild tempered always with a smile and never a harsh word for anyone. And loved to tell jokes. :)
Oscar Namechange

You Never Forget

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Sorry for your loss Hope.

That's the thing with Dad's and Mum's.

When we're kids, they seem Invincible. They take everything In their stride and are always there. We grow up believing that other people's Dad's die but our will be there for ever. That's how I felt when my Dad died.

I think of my Father every day. I can Imagine what he'd say In certain situations and can hear his voice all the time still guiding me. I'm sure you do Hope and the thing Is, all the time you do, your Dad lives on, with you, because only when we forget their voice, do they truely die.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Hope6

You Never Forget

Post by Hope6 »

You're right Oscar, I always thought at first about how he missed things like my high school graduation and walking me down the aisle at my wedding. Sometimes I would hear a funny joke or story and it would remind me of him. After Jake was born I really thought about him a lot, how much he would have loved being a grandpa. Some of my family said to my mother after Jake was born that they wished my daddy could have seen him. I remember somebody....I forget who......:) said to me.....your daddy saw him before the rest of us did. I like to think of it that way. :)
Chloe_88

You Never Forget

Post by Chloe_88 »

I'm sorry for your loss Hope, and such a young age he was..

It's nice to read you still think of him as such a great man!

It was my grandad's birthday on the 31st of march.. he would have been 87.. he died aged 80. I still think of him every day..

I dream about my grandad every night aswell.

As long as we keep our loved ones in our hearts, they are with us every step of the way.
along-for-the-ride

You Never Forget

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My mom passed away in 2001, and my dad recently passed away. All of us six children were together both times for the funerals. We know we were lucky to have these two good people as parents.

I know how you feel. Cherish those memories.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Hope6

You Never Forget

Post by Hope6 »

Thank you Chloe, you're right they are with us in a way, whenever we think about them.
Hope6

You Never Forget

Post by Hope6 »

AFTR I'm sorry for your loses, I didn't know you'd had one recently. I hope you are doing okay? (((((((HUG)))))))

Return to “General Chit Chat”