Pot Holes

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Pot Holes

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Just been on to Street Care at South Glou Council...

Temporary repair within 24 hours and permanent within 10 working days.... pretty damn good In my book.

It's always advisable to complain just as they get their new budgets for the year and have some dosh kicking about.

Have you reported any ? What's the situation In your neck of the woods?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Pot Holes

Post by LarsMac »

Oscar Sellotape;1455711 wrote: Just been on to Street Care at South Glou Council...

Temporary repair within 24 hours and permanent within 10 working days.... pretty damn good In my book.

It's always advisable to complain just as they get their new budgets for the year and have some dosh kicking about.

Have you reported any ? What's the situation In your neck of the woods?

Oh, we have plenty of potholes around here. The County road maintenance folks have already told a lot of neighborhoods that they may have to come up with their own repairs, this year for non-priority streets. The State and county road budget was eaten up by repairs after the floods last fall.

I have become very adept at dodging potholes, but some of them could swallow a Bus.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Pot Holes

LarsMac;1455720 wrote: Oh, we have plenty of potholes around here. The County road maintenance folks have already told a lot of neighborhoods that they may have to come up with their own repairs, this year for non-priority streets. The State and county road budget was eaten up by repairs after the floods last fall.

I have become very adept at dodging potholes, but some of them could swallow a Bus. On one hand I sympathise with your city councils after the floods but paying yourself !!!

Next time someone phones me about pot holes I shall tell them about your post.

Well, me, I'm Impressed. I made my call Midday yesterday and on coming home at 3pm today, I found my pot holes filled and leveled.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

Pot Holes

Post by Snowfire »

I always find the ones in the verges of the tight lanes. There's always a vehicle coming the other way when there's a verge pothole
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Pot Holes

Snowfire;1455783 wrote: I always find the ones in the verges of the tight lanes. There's always a vehicle coming the other way when there's a verge pothole
Those are the one's where cyclists have my greatest sympathy.
Saint_

Pot Holes

Post by Saint_ »

Oscar Sellotape;1455711 wrote: What's the situation In your neck of the woods?

Well. There was a pothole on the only road to thew other side of the river for a while. Then the road collapsed into the river. Then the canal overflowed flooded a bunch of land and some homes and now everyone is scratching their heads wondering what to do about it. Typical New Mexico infrastructure strategy. Build something, then let it slowly rot until time destroys it. Then building something somewhere else.

In our defense, though, it does take a ridiculous time for things to erode and decay in the desert. The road in question was over a century old.

Here's what it looked like at first:

Then this:

Which caused this to happen:

Oscar Namechange

Pot Holes

Saint_;1455807 wrote: Well. There was a pothole on the only road to thew other side of the river for a while. Then the road collapsed into the river. Then the canal overflowed flooded a bunch of land and some homes and now everyone is scratching their heads wondering what to do about it. Typical New Mexico infrastructure strategy. Build something, then let it slowly rot until time destroys it. Then building something somewhere else.

In our defense, though, it does take a ridiculous time for things to erode and decay in the desert. The road in question was over a century old.

Here's what it looked like at first:

Then this:

Which caused this to happen:

OMG !!! Thanks for sharing that... It makes mine look very Insignificant,

The first pic.... what's that man pointing at ?
Saint_

Pot Holes

Post by Saint_ »

Oscar Farage;1455813 wrote:

The first pic.... what's that man pointing at ?

I think he's observing the fact that they blockaded the good side of the road so that any unsuspecting traveler at night will drive right into the washed away hole.

Also happens way more than you'd think.
fuzzywuzzy

Pot Holes

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Hmmmm...........seems it's worldwide, this flooding and roads thing. It's becoming very dangerous on one of our major routes.

Return to “General Chit Chat”