It's a dark day in Australia

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

The Australian Federal police Raided our national broadcasting company offices yesterday. a couple of days before raided the home of a prominent journalist (completely different matter) I keep saying "it has begun" I knew this government would do this. Something is very wrong . When the polls put Labor ahead and the new PM says "this is a miracle" because even he didn't think he had a chance. Now we have have an extreme right wing/religious nutter government that raids the very foundation of our freedom of speech. THE ABC...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-05/ ... 9vYHLQuhvU
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

The government claims it is in the national interest that evidence of war crimes committed by personnel of the Australian armed services should be suppressed, if I understood the matter right. I'm sure that's an accurate reflection of what they said but I don't have it in front of me.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Yep our prime minister supports the upholding of the law......a law he introduced last year. The female journo who was raided for seven hours ...you know what she did? Told her colleagues that the government was about to make the laws more stringent.....next minute she's raided.

This isn't about state secrets....this is about the failure to act (IMHO) on how our military is coping ...It's about a doco that was aired two years ago that embarrassed the government. l implore you to read and watch the journoes explain it themselves
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

The warrant itself is the big eye opener ...not political????? My arse it's not. This government has never hidden it's want and need to do away with the ABC. As soon as it wins power...BOOM! Raids all round....Could you imagine a government coming in and shutting down the independance of the BBC? Shutting down the BBC itself and selling it off?
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-11/ ... BkpusbJOWs

says it all really ....and now raids?
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

In a statement, the BBC said: "This police raid against our partners at ABC is an attack on press freedom which we at the BBC find deeply troubling.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/world-media ... Px3FooLJu0
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Told ya, DUTTON! So it's tradition now is it? You can raid the national broadcaster and criminalise investigative reporting because of "Tradition".... Bull ****e!

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/dutton-defe ... l32hQfQxvg
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

and here's some humour to wrap it up .....I love honest humour.

https://www.thejuicemedia.com/my-police ... MTbsn3AXoE
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Now I understand why people leave this site.... You're basically talking to yourself .

Fair enough
spot

Post by spot »

I don't think anyone else here is familiar with any of the people you've mentioned. I've been programming mostly.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame;1523242 wrote: Now I understand why people leave this site.... You're basically talking to yourself .

Fair enough

Well, I am still trying to read through all the stuff you posted, and gathering background info to make sense of it.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

spot;1523202 wrote: The government claims it is in the national interest that evidence of war crimes committed by personnel of the Australian armed services should be suppressed, if I understood the matter right. I'm sure that's an accurate reflection of what they said but I don't have it in front of me.

Suppressing war crimes. Yeah. Didn't some jack-booted German guys do that too?
spot

Post by spot »

Saint_;1523251 wrote: Suppressing war crimes. Yeah. Didn't some jack-booted German guys do that too?

You and harping on about World War Two all the while... the recent example of suppressing war crimes is Britain and the USA. Stop digging back 75 years, go and look at General Mattis.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

spot;1523256 wrote: You and harping on about World War Two all the while... the recent example of suppressing war crimes is Britain and the USA. Stop digging back 75 years, go and look at General Mattis.

lol. No, I checked my selective memory and it shows nothing after 1944...
spot

Post by spot »

Saint_;1523257 wrote: lol. No, I checked my selective memory and it shows nothing after 1944...

Remind yourself by all means...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 55476.html

Or an alternative...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/ ... rymccarthy

Return to “General Chit Chat”