plastic what a wonderful invention

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
kmhowe72

Post by kmhowe72 »

Plastic containers are a wonderful invention. we use them to store clothes, and to store inportant papers, and photographs. We also use them to hold computer programs, and toys. They create so much more space. Do any you guys use them.:wah:
kmhowe
robinseggs

Post by robinseggs »

I use large clear container....the large flat one type and label what school yr it is and put it on the floor of my pantry. Throughout the school yr my 3rd grader and kindergartener bring lots of stuff home and we hang on fridge. Much gets thrown away, but some stuff is too special and goes in the bin. At end of school yr, the lid goes on and it goes to the basement storage. Someday my kids will be gone and I will treasure going thru the bins!!
Nature laughs Last
robinseggs

Post by robinseggs »

I am also obsessed with ziploc bags!!!!! LOL
Nature laughs Last
kmhowe72

Post by kmhowe72 »

I also put the childrens art and craft supplies in there to.
kmhowe
Bez

Post by Bez »

Takes me back to the days of 'Tupperware parties' Do these still exist?

I use big plastic bins in the shed for gardening stuff and small containers in the kitchen for food. Most used is lunch box containers for salad, sandwiches etc

:-6
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

important papers should be stored in a fireproof steel container, not plastic. preferably something portable.
Peg

Post by Peg »

flopstock wrote: Can someone tell me where all of the matching lids go to? Every time i try to store leftovers, I end up having to use plastic wrap over the top, 'cause there is every lid size in the cabinet but the one i need!:mad:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

My house is full of plastic containers. Not just the ones to put leftovers in either. I use them to store holiday decorations, blankets, out of season clothes, etc.
kmhowe72

Post by kmhowe72 »

You always have an opion. I am glad you have that kind of money to buy 135. dollar fire proof safe.

anyway she is half right. But what I do is keep my inpotant pictures and papers in a plastic been and keep them in the garage. But if I did not have garage I keep them close to my bed, so I can throw them out the window.
kmhowe
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

kmhowe72 wrote: You always have an opion. I am glad you have that kind of money to buy 135. dollar fire proof safe.
Whom is this directed at? And why do you always sound so damn defensive?

Opinions are what a forum thrives on. If people didn't share their opinions, this forum would be a bunch of threads with no replies!! I don't get this at all.... :confused:
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

kmhowe72 wrote: You always have an opion. I am glad you have that kind of money to buy 135. dollar fire proof safe.

anyway she is half right. But what I do is keep my inpotant pictures and papers in a plastic been and keep them in the garage. But if I did not have garage I keep them close to my bed, so I can throw them out the window.yes, i have an opinion. that IS allowed here. a person can purchase an inexpensive steel box at walmart, the type that can hold tools or tackle. one's irreplaceable personal papers are worth the small expense in my OPINION. so you will throw your important papers out the window...there's a failsafe plan! :wah: .........what if you're not home and a fire starts? in the garage or the house, whichever. i know my comments seem like "harassment" to you, but it is simply common sense to protect one's documents. in another thread you itemized in excrutiating and boring endless detail many hundreds of dollars of toys your children have, so clearly you could afford a metal box. may save a lot of heartache down the road in the unfortunate event of a natural disaster.........and Flop, thankyou. better half-right than half-wit. :D

Return to “Home Management”