Life begins at 40.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
chrisb84uk

Life begins at 40.

Post by chrisb84uk »

Hmm well if life begins at 40, then does that mean I'm dead then, or have I not been born?? :-2
chonsigirl

Life begins at 40.

Post by chonsigirl »

*laughing*

No, I do not believe that saying, though being in your 40s is not bad, especially since I'm now in my 50s. I'm living now!
Peg

Life begins at 40.

Post by Peg »

The saying was true for me. I think once I hit 40 I realized my life may very well be half over. That's when I decided to enjoy life and have fun and not to have regrets when I turn 80.
Lon

Life begins at 40.

Post by Lon »

For me, it started at age 55, 16 years ago.
Bez

Life begins at 40.

Post by Bez »

My 3 kids were going through their 'terrible teens' when I was going through my 40s.....say no more...NOT the best years of my life.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
telaquapacky

Life begins at 40.

Post by telaquapacky »

According to American Christian Fundamentalists, it begins at conception. :p

But I was a late bloomer. Mine started in my 40's.
Look what the cat dragged in.
chonsigirl

Life begins at 40.

Post by chonsigirl »

Far Rider wrote: Im turning 40 this december Ill let ya know!;)
Ha-a youngster still Far!
pina

Life begins at 40.

Post by pina »

My second life began at 40, a new life and a new man it is a second chance for a better life and it has worked. My only problem turning 40 was that no one ever told me about all the little aches and pains that come with it. No matter how fit you are or how healthy, these little aches and pains become more often as the years pass.... Ouch!

CARLA

Life begins at 40.

Post by CARLA »

Yes and No..!! :D Yes as far as being aware of who your are and how to deal with life, in your 40's your pretty much should have it figured out. When you hit the 40's your pretty comfortable with who and what your are, and be damned with trying to be like everyone else..!! ;)

Pina, I agree, actually being physically fit in your youth can haunt you as you age, believe me I know. All the careless injuries you sustained as a kid become a nightmare of pain after 40....:-3 So you have to keep moving after 40 or you will feel the pain..:D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

cars

Life begins at 40.

Post by cars »

pina wrote: My second life began at 40, a new life and a new man it is a second chance for a better life and it has worked. My only problem turning 40 was that no one ever told me about all the little aches and pains that come with it. No matter how fit you are or how healthy, these little aches and pains become more often as the years pass.... Ouch!

Yes the "good life" begins at 40, cause before that you're still just climbing the hill.

By age 40, one should be settled down, have a family, a good job, lots of good friends, and finally the wisdom to know what you can, and can not change!

Pina, no one ever told you about all the little aches & pains at the "40" mark, wait, you ain't seen nothin yet!!! It only gets continually advancing at the 50 & 60 mark!!! The older you get, you'll find out that the supposed "Golden Years", in reality, turn out to be the "Rusting Years"!!! :wah:
Cars :)
pina

Life begins at 40.

Post by pina »

cars wrote: Yes the "good life" begins at 40, cause before that you're still just climbing the hill.

By age 40, one should be settled down, have a family, a good job, lots of good friends, and finally the wisdom to know what you can, and can not change!

Pina, no one ever told you about all the little aches & pains at the "40" mark, wait, you ain't seen nothin yet!!! It only gets continually advancing at the 50 & 60 mark!!! The older you get, you'll find out that the supposed "Golden Years", in reality, turn out to be the "Rusting Years"!!! :wah:

I've already got to 50 and had ten years of this....I also have a cupboard full of hammerite for the rust.

BabyRider

Life begins at 40.

Post by BabyRider »

I sure hope it's true, that way I have something to look forward to! :yh_sigh
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

cars

Life begins at 40.

Post by cars »

BabyRider wrote: I sure hope it's true, that way I have something to look forward to! :yh_sigh

You young lass you!!! ;)

(Now don't forget to eat your peas & carrots!!! :D )
Cars :)
orangesox1

Life begins at 40.

Post by orangesox1 »

I love being in my forties, I don't know what it is. May be it's having teenagers, sharing my clothes with my daughter, being free of young children as I was never very maternal, feeling like I have a lot of independance and just being able to go away for a few days and leave them.:driving:

I think we're also more secure with who we are and know what we want out of life.
nok

Life begins at 40.

Post by nok »

I'm glad life starts at 40. Right now, I'm 49. Time goes by so fast. I'm taking it real slow and easy now cause I know half of my life is almost over so best to enjoy as many good moments as possible.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
binbag

Life begins at 40.

Post by binbag »

Mars;145376 wrote: "Life begins at 40."

Does anyone believe that saying?Well, apparently 50 is the new 40.

I'll be 66 in a couple of months...I'm still waiting for the transformation to begin. :wah:

So Mars, let's hope it's true, and that I'm a slow learner. :D
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
fuzzywuzzy

Life begins at 40.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

binbag;1333776 wrote: Well, apparently 50 is the new 40.

I'll be 66 in a couple of months...I'm still waiting for the transformation to begin. :wah:

So Mars, let's hope it's true, and that I'm a slow learner. :D

Going by that I"m 31 then ?.......yep I'll settle for that .:wah::wah::wah:

Life beginning at 40 is true in my instance. It's weird I began thinking differently and became emotionally and mentally stronger.
Lon

Life begins at 40.

Post by Lon »

A new life can and does begin at a number of ages or specific events that occur in our life. For me, a new life began when I made a major career change and moved to a different city at age 32. Another life began when 10 years later I changed a major business affiliation at age 40. And yet another major life beginning when my first wife died and I was age 54 and then again when I remarried at age 57. At age 59 I retired and moved once again to another city and life for me once again had a new start. I am now 76 and still enjoying the beginning of the new life that started when I retired.

Return to “General Chit Chat”