Happy

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    10:41 PM
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Re: Self Employed/Small Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    My official year-end sales will be about $3,000.00 above last year's. However, last year I spent $14,000.00 on advertising, while this year I've spent zero. That's a $17,000.00 increase in reality. Nice!, if I do say so myself. Not to mention I've lessened my expenses in other areas as well. Probably closer to about a $23,000.00 difference all together. My taxes will be slightly higher, but a worthwhile trade off.
    Sounds like a good increase - there are enough where that would be the total.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    05:41 PM
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    Sounds like a good increase - there are enough where that would be the total.
    Thanks! It is, all things considered. There wasn't much hope of matching last year's almost $20,000.00 increase in sales, and even if I could generate that much of an increase in phone calls again, I wouldn't be capable of handling the business by myself.

This year the focus is on a strategy of localizing the majority of sales to within a five to ten mile radius of where I live, as opposed to the 25 mile radius I serve. There is some localized social media that could help me achieve this goal. If and when I get there, then I'll need to consider expanding with an additional van or two. However, finding competent and dedicated employees is always the greatest obstacle for any business. People, as they say, are a businesses greatest assets and liabilities.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    05:41 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    For just about my entire adult life I've been self-employed. I've had several different businesses throughout the years and currently work with different money managers as an Investment Adviser Rep, which is rather enjoyable and can be done from anywhere in the country - so long as proper time, care and diligence is routinely practiced! Advertising can always be tricky while word of mouth is easier - so I make certain to do a good job to get referrals!
    Keep on Keeping on!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3