Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A little bit of Cricketing history...

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-21-2017
    Local Time
    11:47 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: A little bit of Cricketing history...

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    Well, Rugby Union is our equivalent of NFL. (Soccer is just football: same game, alternative name) You should watch it. I know quite a few people who are keen on both. The compare and contrasts are interesting and as a Rugby supporter it's easy enough to follow NFL even if I don't appreciate the finer points. Perhaps the biggest difference between Rugby Union and NFL is that in Rugby Union conning the ref - cheating - is allowed and even regarded as a skill (though there are limits).

Here's a bit of Rugby class, if you can click the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlDyUlTEwvI The commentators are one neutral Aussie and the other is a supporter of the team playing in black (New Zealand).

Haven't really seen baseball but grew up with cricket since my parents were both mad keen, coaches and ex-players...I've little natural talent for it myself but know a heck of a lot by absorption (and am also a qualified coach - the bloke who taught me to coach is now one of the England coaches!). I'd be interested to go to live games of both NFL and Baseball.
    I got to play a bit of Soccer as a kid in school. Not real popular in the South. But while in the Navy, I got to play a bit when a Brit or Aussie ship pulled in to port.
    I was never much good at American Football. Rugby was more fun.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    08-22-2017
    Local Time
    03:47 AM

Re: A little bit of Cricketing history...

Register to remove this ad.
    Prefer league over union. But i prefer aussie rules over rugby.

Was funny earlier this year. An AFL player tried on the "omg im injured, call an ambulance" and in unison the commentators said...." whats he think hes playing? Soccer?" Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3