is yep.........Me too

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time
    01:43 PM

Re: Lifestyle choice

They introduced a carbon tax here........ they said it would be good for everyone. Next minute the price of petrol, gas, electricity etc all rose . Si then they had to begin compesating liw income earners because their bills suddenly became 120% to300% more expensive. So then they got rid of it. Oh woe is us because the greenhouse emmissions will still be high.
    The only thing that remained high were our energy bills.
    Its so high that there were laws put in place to protect the elderly from having their electricity turned off. Rebates given to those on low incomes .

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-21-2017
    Local Time
    02:43 AM
    Gifts Beer Cake

Re: Lifestyle choice

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    They introduced a carbon tax here........ they said it would be good for everyone. Next minute the price of petrol, gas, electricity etc all rose . Si then they had to begin compesating liw income earners because their bills suddenly became 120% to300% more expensive. So then they got rid of it. Oh woe is us because the greenhouse emmissions will still be high.
    The only thing that remained high were our energy bills.
    Its so high that there were laws put in place to protect the elderly from having their electricity turned off. Rebates given to those on low incomes .
    Speaking from the Customer Services aspect of an Energy Provider, I can say that the whole Warm Home Discount (of which I presume you speak) is a total farce of Governmental mis-management. They have ruled that every Energy Provider has to allocate a certain quota of £140 grants to people who fall within certain base criteria, which they specify. So far, so good. However, they then allow each Energy Provider to add their own sub-categories of criteria at the discretion of the providers. They also allow the providers to set their own deadlines for applications to start & finish. They also allow each provider to determine their own ways in which the scheme is publicised, and how applications are made. As a result of this hotch potch the general public don't understand why our allocations closed in September (even though we had received more than our alloted quota of applications by over 50%), when all applications had to be made online. These were snapped up within about 6 weeks. Needless to say, we are still constantly receiving calls from people demanding their £140, and threatening to change suppliers unless they get it - regardless of the fact that they probably wouldn't get it with another provider either. Needless to say, it's all MY fault, because I'm the one on the end of the line.

If the Government had simply set firm hard & fast criteria that everyone had to stick to, with precise timescales for applications, and even methods for applications to be processed, it would make it easier for everyone concerned.

Then there was the Government Energy Rebate Scheme - a £12 award across the board for everyone. This was in place for only 2 years (2014 & 2015). It was only ever intended for those 2 years & not an ongoing thing. However, we are still getting calls coming in demanding this year's rebates, claiming that is their RIGHT, and that we are cheating them by refusing them their £12. Then, of course, follows the usual, "Well, I'm going to change my supplier then" - which is quite comical really, as other suppliers would take more than twice that amount off them in Standing Charges alone (we don't have any Standing Charges).

I really hate it when I see those who are really in need miss out on their payments, but when you get those whose sole motive for switching in the first place was to get the payment, and then attempt to blackmail us into giving it to them anyway by threatening to leave I so have to bite my tongue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5