Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Political Cartoons

  1. #1
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,830
    Local Date
    12-09-2018
    Local Time
    04:45 PM
    Points
    17,882
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Political Cartoons

    G#Gill started a thread Cartoon of the day.....

    I love cartoons and decided I would post cartoons there much as I would see on Sunday morning newspapers. Something light-hearted, maybe even funny.

    Well, I started to post political cartoons on political threads. I resisted starting a political cartoon thread because there are really some offensive cartoons out there. Well, I decided that we can handle that the same way we handle offensive speech.

    I hope this works out, but I won't be shocked it gets shut down.

    Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

    Enabran Tain: Always burn your bridges behind you. You never know who might be trying to follow.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    is just trying to keep her head
     
    I am:
    Shy
     
    AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,528
    Local Date
    12-09-2018
    Local Time
    05:45 PM
    Points
    27,417
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

    Re: Political Cartoons

    Won't be shut down, don't worry your pretty little head about it. Why would it be?

  3. #3
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,830
    Local Date
    12-09-2018
    Local Time
    04:45 PM
    Points
    17,882
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Political Cartoons

    Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

    Enabran Tain: Always burn your bridges behind you. You never know who might be trying to follow.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    GhostofChristmasPast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    25
    Local Date
    12-09-2018
    Local Time
    03:45 PM
    Points
    4

    Re: Political Cartoons

    I saw a beautiful cartoon of Trump and his good buddy the crown prince gloating over the stabbed corpse of Yemen but I can't find it again.

  5. #5
    gmc
    Currently Offline
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    13,296
    Local Date
    12-09-2018
    Local Time
    10:45 PM
    Points
    28,514
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

    Re: Political Cartoons

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    G#Gill started a thread Cartoon of the day.....

    I love cartoons and decided I would post cartoons there much as I would see on Sunday morning newspapers. Something light-hearted, maybe even funny.

    Well, I started to post political cartoons on political threads. I resisted starting a political cartoon thread because there are really some offensive cartoons out there. Well, I decided that we can handle that the same way we handle offensive speech.

    I hope this works out, but I won't be shocked it gets shut down.

    Why indeed. The best political cartoons are often funny because you know the target will be offended,

    I can't post the cartoon but follow the link below.

    Private Eye | Official Site - the UK's number one best-selling news and current affairs magazine, edited by Ian Hislop

    Have a look on you tube at spitting image. Any british politician that dared to take offence at a cartoon would just make themselves the butt of even more jokes.

  6. #6
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,830
    Local Date
    12-09-2018
    Local Time
    04:45 PM
    Points
    17,882
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Political Cartoons

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Why indeed. The best political cartoons are often funny because you know the target will be offended,

    I can't post the cartoon but follow the link below.

    Private Eye | Official Site - the UK's number one best-selling news and current affairs magazine, edited by Ian Hislop

    Have a look on you tube at spitting image. Any british politician that dared to take offence at a cartoon would just make themselves the butt of even more jokes.


    Post anything you want.
    Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

    Enabran Tain: Always burn your bridges behind you. You never know who might be trying to follow.

  7. #7
    gmc
    Currently Offline
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    13,296
    Local Date
    12-09-2018
    Local Time
    10:45 PM
    Points
    28,514
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

    Re: Political Cartoons

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post


    Post anything you want.
    Thank you for that. What I meant was I can't post the image cos copy and paste didn;t work and my IT abilities lack the know how.

  8. #8
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,830
    Local Date
    12-09-2018
    Local Time
    04:45 PM
    Points
    17,882
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Political Cartoons

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Thank you for that. What I meant was I can't post the image cos copy and paste didn;t work and my IT abilities lack the know how.
    I copy and past it on.

    imgur

    Sign in

    In upper left click the green box New post

    Browse your saved pics
    Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

    Enabran Tain: Always burn your bridges behind you. You never know who might be trying to follow.

  9. #9
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,232
    Local Date
    12-09-2018
    Local Time
    05:45 PM
    Points
    39,523
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Political Cartoons

    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

  10. #10
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,830
    Local Date
    12-09-2018
    Local Time
    04:45 PM
    Points
    17,882
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Political Cartoons

    Register to remove this ad.
    Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

    Enabran Tain: Always burn your bridges behind you. You never know who might be trying to follow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2