I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    10:28 PM
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Re: Bad vibration

At least you've isolated the source of the problem - always the first step in resolving it.

Next job is working out how to wreck his tower without it being provable :-)

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    11:28 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Re: Bad vibration

Register to remove this ad.
    It's not the only problem - I'm still getting woken at 7:45 am by a serious hum but I am getting 6 or 7 solid hours by that time which is a definite improvement. I think I know what it is (an office block half a mile away that went to 24 hr operation at the right time about 4 years ago now) but proof is as usual the issue and I could be wrong: there's been a lot of building round here in the last decade. Either way, it's liveable-with. It's going on now and while mildly unpleasant as soon as I concentrate I'm unaware of it. Until there are a significant number of other people showing an awareness of this vibration and/or hum there isn't much I can do. It's as if there are two problems and when both are going they don't add to eachother, they multiply, or more. Removing one makes a big difference.

There is a For Sale sign up on their property (though given the current state of the market that's no guarantee it will sell). I was not a good neighbour when things were at their worst and I was getting next to no sleep. I'm genuinely not sure I'd have qualified as sane at times. There was no violence or anything like that but I was stomping up and down swearing for long periods in the middle of the night and he was awake to hear it much of the time - working partly but a habit of falling asleep on the couch as well and there is only 9 inch brick between the downstairs rooms. He ended up calling the Police but they seem to have ended up believing me. The improvements in the situation have also removed one of the reasons for moving which has helped tilt the balance against the Scottish Borders plan. For now, at least.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3