Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Trump visit might be more interesting than we thought...

is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time
    10:18 AM

Re: The Trump visit might be more interesting than we thought...

Ahhh thats nothin!....Melbourne mid 1960's....(remember we didnt have much of a population back then)....750,000 give or take ten or twenty...chanted...HEY! HEY! LBJ....HOW MANY KIDS DID YOU KILL TODAY?!
    Paint bombed his car and attacked his security. It went off in a big way.
    Its good to see Britain is doing its bit to stop self centred arse holes killing us all off.

is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    I'm hoping the prospects of the kind of deal we would get from the US post Brexit and the sight of theresa may fawning over trump might appall even the hardest brexiteer.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/news-...WjQ&ocid=wispr

What a pity the sun recorded the interview then.
    I didnt see any"fawning"....what i did see though was british polite indifference. Seem to put him off a bit in that press conference.
    He dropped his "very's"...and "greats" and only used his "tremendouses"

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time
    01:18 AM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

You kind of missed the point that the interview with the sun was recorded and available to watch if you want to. I suppose his followers will not care about the truth of the matter. He has basically put the boot in for any trade deal with the US post brexit. If brexit goes ahead the way the hard right want it we are truly stuffed. The so-called special relationship - a term that makes me cringe every time I hear it- is an abusive one we should really stop pretending there is one.

http://www.thenational.scot/news/163...rs-conference/

may is pandering to him maybe fawning was the wrong word to use but not by much.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Well, I've shifted my opinion a bit: Trump is more evil and less a creature of impulse than I had thought. He has no concept of the truth other than "what suits him". The Sun claimed they printed the whole interview. Now, the Sun is a right wing rag of the worst sort. It does regularly distort stories to suit the right wing agenda. It supports people like Trump and distorts to suit him! There is NO WAY they would distort to make Trump look bad because they agree with him!

Wholly owned by Murdoch, of course. The Sun, I mean. Amusing that Trump got his timings wrong and didn't realise the story would be published that night.

Trump's blatant misogyny is now obvious: The two leaders he attacked on his trip were female and although he referred to May as wonderful etc it was always as a wonderful woman, he never once that I heard referred to her as a wonderful leader, or PM. That was reserved for Liar Johnson.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time

Oh im talking about the footage i saw where someone asked him a question and he did say she was a good "primeminister".

Ahh what the heck anyway...hes heard from the people now.

is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    You kind of missed the point that the interview with the sun was recorded and available to watch if you want to. I suppose his followers will not care about the truth of the matter. He has basically put the boot in for any trade deal with the US post brexit. If brexit goes ahead the way the hard right want it we are truly stuffed. The so-called special relationship - a term that makes me cringe every time I hear it- is an abusive one we should really stop pretending there is one.

Donald Trump humiliates Theresa May at Chequers conference | The National

may is pandering to him maybe fawning was the wrong word to use but not by much.
    Tried the link but as soon as they did the cookies thing they closed it on me....that big privacy thingy in europe isnt applicable here

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Oh, he might have done - I didn't hear everything and was careful to say "that I heard". It certainly wasn't common. I think I can still safely say that he put the knife in like crazy, backed Johnson for PM, said she'd wrecked Brexit, claimed leadership of lots of people in Europe (the racist right), attacked her and Angela Merkel and got people on the streets in several cities, not just London. Birmingham, Manchester and Newcastle I think were mentioned. Heck, the protest on the first evening at Blenheim was largely the local village, from what I saw.

There's a pro-Trump rally today. I am very curious to see what it is made up of.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Trump accusing the Sun of fake news is glorious. I haven't seen yet how the Sun has reacted but it is just lovely seeing them hoist with their own petard. I'm considering emailing them accusing them of being filthy communists for lying about the President...

edit: A quick scan of their site suggests they are ignoring it completely (Trump accusing them of fake news, I mean)

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

There have been comments I've seen (not here, on tv or online elsewhere) asking why people are so anti Trump, when worse dictators with more blood on their hands don't draw such protests. It's even been called hypocritical. But to me there's a difference - none of these dictators were the leader of the free world.

This is where, I think, the Presidency does come into it. What that protest was saying, to a very great extent, is that many people do not consider Trump fit to be President or fit to lead the free world. Since we are part of that free world we have a right to comment on a leader who is ours too, whether we like it our not.

With previous Presidents I may or may not have agreed with their policies. I may even have been scathing about their intelligence. But I never had a sense before this President that we should not be involved in any venture he proposes even before he proposes it because he is totally corrupt.

I do not oppose or lack respect for the Presidency. But Trump cannot be tolerated. He, more than anyone else, is showing a lack of respect for the Presidency.

The President gropes and abuses women and grooms the young to abuse also.

The President approves cruelty to children as an acceptable way to expedite policy.

The President is proven liar. Worse, he has no regard for the truth whatever, beyond it serving him.

I could go on, but isn't that enough to make my point? And he's only just getting started, this isn't the effects of being in politics, this is what he brings from outside politics and ADDS to the Presidency. The fact his followers now regard him as a figure of religious authority is very worrying. The foundations of totalitarian America have always existed; now they are building the walls and putting in the services.

It might be worth keeping an eye out for examples of fuhrerprinzip (sp?): the idea of acting without the leader's explicit authority but in line with the known ideas and policies of the Leader, confident that the Leader will approve what you have done since it is in line with his policies. HOW something is achieved does not matter, just the fact it IS achieved (the end justifies the means).

The cruelty to children policy might actually be an example.

is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-20-2018
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Omg....the man is a freaking imbecile! Why did he just do that to the queen?...like seriously?
    Hey, just out of interest....would the line of royal guards have been within their rights to shoot him?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast