I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-15-2018
    Local Time
    06:09 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Helsinki Summit

Too important not to have a thread of its own.

Now my understanding is that not only are 12 Russians indicted but US intelligence services are currently warning that the Russians intend to interfere in the mid terms.

If Trump goes in and complains seriously about these matters and the Novichok use and the Crimea and Ukraine I'll be reassured. If he disappears off and has a buddy chat he's at best a fool and at worst a traitor.

The only question in my mind in that case is, does he know he's a tool of Putin's or not?

Perhaps this is also a good place to explain my current understanding of the situation regarding removing Trump from office.:

Basically, it's near impossible, requiring a vote with a 2/3rds majority in the Senate (just a majority in Congress) so unless clear undeniable treachery can be proven (which I doubt) few will breach party lines and his core vote will be unaffected. Particularly those who follow Trump as God's prophet (see kids in cages). Even if impeached he might just shrug and ignore it and not resign. As far as I'm aware there is no way legally to actually remove him if he chooses not to go.

Please tell me if that's not the case. I am not an expert in the US constitution.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-15-2018
    Local Time
    12:09 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: Helsinki Summit

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    Too important not to have a thread of its own.

Now my understanding is that not only are 12 Russians indicted but US intelligence services are currently warning that the Russians intend to interfere in the mid terms.

If Trump goes in and complains seriously about these matters and the Novichok use and the Crimea and Ukraine I'll be reassured. If he disappears off and has a buddy chat he's at best a fool and at worst a traitor.

The only question in my mind in that case is, does he know he's a tool of Putin's or not?

Perhaps this is also a good place to explain my current understanding of the situation regarding removing Trump from office.:

Basically, it's near impossible, requiring a vote with a 2/3rds majority in the Senate (just a majority in Congress) so unless clear undeniable treachery can be proven (which I doubt) few will breach party lines and his core vote will be unaffected. Particularly those who follow Trump as God's prophet (see kids in cages). Even if impeached he might just shrug and ignore it and not resign. As far as I'm aware there is no way legally to actually remove him if he chooses not to go.

Please tell me if that's not the case. I am not an expert in the US constitution.
    Well, you have a better grasp, it seems, than many of my countrymen.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-15-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer FacePalm Ban Hammer Beer Beer Beer Beer

And even if it were possible, his fanatical support base will say it's a conspiracy..............and they are the armed second amendment knobs.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-15-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Well, I watched the coverage of the Helsinki summit and it was more in line with my fears than my hopes. I now think that Trump is a willing tool of Putin's.

He sold out his own Intelligence services, the Ukraine, Georgia, NATO and the American people. Just in the press conference.

J.Brennan, ex director of the CIA said what Trump did in the press conference rose to and exceeded the level of high crimes and misdemeanors. I'm not sure what that is but it sounds serious.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-15-2018
    Local Time
    11:09 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    And even if it were possible, his fanatical support base will say it's a conspiracy..............and they are the armed second amendment knobs.
    Alarmist perhaps?

Every time I hear impeachment I hear the stupid talk.

There has been two impeachments, Impeachmen of Andrew Johnson a savage attack against the presidency for partisan agenda.

Fortunately, saved by one vote he was not convicted.

Then there was Impeachment of Bill Clinton who escaped conviction by partisan vote.

I clearly remember watching the whole Clinton thing was did the crimes he was accused of rising to the level of "High Crimes and Misdemeanors"?

By partisan vote, the Senate did not convict and remove him from office. As much as I hated Bill Clinton, I 'll just be satisfied with that.

Bill Clinton was Fined, Disbarred Over the Monica Lewinsky Scandal
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
    -MARK TWAIN

No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.
    -ABRAHAM LINCOLN

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-15-2018
    Local Time
    05:09 PM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

How come you don't mention Richard Nixon who resigned to try and avoid impeachment and was pardoned by Gerald ford otherwise he would most definitely have been found guilty.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-15-2018
    Local Time
    11:09 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    How come you don't mention Richard Nixon who resigned
    Because he wasn't impeached.

and was pardoned by Gerald ford
    A controversial decision.

otherwise he would most definitely have been found guilty.
    Guilty of what?

Interesting the pardon did not specify a crime but was a general pardon, far as I know was never before done.

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
    -MARK TWAIN

No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.
    -ABRAHAM LINCOLN

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-15-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

...just wondering whether Trump would be behaving the way he is if the US had locked Nixon up and thrown away the key....

A couple of impressions so far (this is SO big I'm not taking it all in):

1) The complete contrast with the way he has behaved abroad with everyone else. He was meek, submissive, his body language was hunched in. Compare that with May, or NATO or even Kim.

2) Can we really believe that Trump thought having Russian intel agents helping with the indictment of the 12 who hacked the election is a "great" idea?. I think this is partly because I remember the UK DID co-operate on a case with Russian authorities (I think it was the Litvinenko poisoning case) and key evidence went missing and the stone walling got worse. It's why a similar offer in the Skripal case was just laughed at. Does the US really not know this?

Oh, and another while I think of it - the reaction of the American journalists on CNN: Their ghast won't stop flabbering for some time to come. Fox appears to be trying to ignore it at present.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-15-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Putin giving Trump a ball to play with now looks rather different...Putin's Poodle. And look at Trump's reaction...

Forget American Presidents for a moment. This is starting to look to me like the biggest public humiliation of a world leader I can ever remember seeing. Or have heard about since they actually carved the loser up in public, literally*.

He certainly does it bigly.

* I suspect there must be cases - oh - finding Saddam Hussein. It's up there with that, at the least. Worse since trump is still a controlled asset. Saddam was at least his own man.

edit: Whatever Putin has on Trump I don't think it is collusion. Trump clings to that denial like a drowning man to a straw. However it now looks as if there is a large BUT sticking onto the end of it. My first guess would be money laundering going much further than suspected. But there might be some truth to some of the more, er, colourful stories.

...and after keeping our 92 year old Queen standing waiting for 10 mins, frankly, fukkim.

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    11-15-2018
    Local Time
    12:09 PM
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

Register to remove this ad.
    He already wormed his way out of it:

"“I thought it would be obvious but I would like to clarify just in case it wasn’t: In a key sentence ... I said the word ‘would’ instead of ‘wouldn’t’,”.............. He clarified: “The sentence should have been ‘I don’t see any reason why... it wouldn’t be Russia’”. He said it was an issue with the transcript and he used “sort of a double negative”."
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-acc...193710293.html

Will anyone buy his obvious BS? You bet your sweet bippy they will!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hypnotic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast