Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chaotic start - to supreme court hearing

Local Date
    12-18-2018
    Local Time
    07:00 AM

Re: Chaotic start - to supreme court hearing

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    "“I believe it vital that the President be able to focus on his never-ending tasks with as few distractions as possible. The country wants the President to be ‘one of us’ who bears the same responsibilities of citizenship that all share. But I believe that the President should be excused from some of the burdens of ordinary citizenship while serving in office,” argued Kavanaugh in the law-review article. He then asserted that “the indictment and trial of a sitting President, moreover, would cripple the federal government, rendering it unable to function with credibility in either the international or domestic arenas. Such an outcome would ill serve the public interest, especially in times of financial or national security crisis.”"
    Writing in a law review, he makes a valid observation of a general question, not a decision of law.

Yes, he did. For some reason, I can't use either quote box or change the fonts. Bear in mind that means he could not be impeached should the mueller investigation came up with anything criminal.
    ARTICLE II Section 4
    The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Trump also believes he can pardon anyone he likes.
    Article II Section II "he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

Here's a novel idea for you. He is lying to get appointed.
    No reason he shouldn't be confirmed.
    "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money." - Senator Everett Dirksen

Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

Local Date
    12-18-2018
    Local Time
    01:00 PM

Re: Chaotic start - to supreme court hearing

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post

No reason he shouldn't be confirmed.
    From your point of view I would be very much left of centre when it comes to politics. Kavanagh is a right winger by definition someone opposed to democracy, free speech and equal rights for all - including women and the right to choose. Not my problem and really I don't think non Americans are in a position to comment since what you read and hear often bears little reality to what is happening on the ground as it were. But were I American I would be very concerned about the future of democracy in america trump seems to have very little respect for your institutions or the constitution. Bet he gets re-elected as there doesn't seem to be anyone on the democrat side to take him om.

Meanwhile, the UK will cease to exist post brexit but you won't read about that either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3