Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    05:34 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    At the moment we are experiencing the edge of America's hurricanes. We live half way up a hill on the outskirts of Nottingham and it is blowing a hooligan ! It has been doing this for a few days now with the occasional heavy rain shower. However the temperature is fairly warm, so it isn't too bad when hubby takes our dog for her comfort walks and her longer walk for a run in the field. I just have to say thankyou to America for sharing their hurricane with us here in Britain - very generous, but don't worry about sending any more over the pond, please !
    Oh, we are more than happy to share with our friends over there.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    10:34 PM
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Oh, we are more than happy to share with our friends over there.
    You are very kind, Lars. I'd stick me tongue out and have a bit of a ROFL if only I could activate the little thingies !!!
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time

Question Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

Not sure what has happened, but I can't activate any 'smilies', which is rather frustrating ! I've checked my settings, but can't find anywhere where I may have accidentally clicked an 'off' tab ! The 'Disable smilies in text' in 'Additional Options' at the bottom of the page here has not been 'ticked', so presumably this facility should still be available? Also I cannot get any reaction when I click on 'more' under the selection of smilies at the side of the post 'box'.

However, it seems there is no problem with the 'Post Icons' selection at the bottom of this page !

So has anybody got any ideas ? I do like me smilies !

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time

Not sure what has happened, but I can't activate any 'smilies', which is rather frustrating ! I've checked my settings, but can't find anywhere where I may have accidentally clicked an 'off' tab ! The 'Disable smilies in text' in 'Additional Options' at the bottom of the page here has not been 'ticked', so presumably this facility should still be available? Also I cannot get any reaction when I click on 'more' under the selection of smilies at the side of the post 'box'.

However, it seems there is no problem with the 'Post Icons' selection at the bottom of this page !

So has anybody got any ideas ? I do like me smilies !
    That stuff seems to have been broken with the last hiccup in the system.
    It might be a while before Spot or Bryn have a chance to investigate.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time

It's going to be around 23 C here today, so I suppose it's off with the heating and on with the T shirts again ! Possibly dig out the fans ? No wonder we Brits are always catching bugs and colds and other iffy germs.

Hey, Zap, if you are reading this, I've sent you a PM - not sure about your email Address, so hope you find your PM as it explains stuff.

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time

Well it looks as if the Autumn is well and truly established. Temps are falling, nights are drawing in, and the clocks in the UK will be going back 1 hour this Sunday. I wish that it would stay at GMT. There is no need for 'daylight saving' these days.
    The deciduous trees are busy dropping their leaves, and 'conkers' are in abundance scattered all around their 'home' tree. Maybe children will retrieve them for playground fun. Oh dear, I don't think the game 'conkers' is permitted any more, neither is 'whip and top' something to do with 'Elf n' Sefty' - I suppose that children today could use such items as weapons !

This brings me onto how social behaviour has sunk so deeply into the gutter - teenagers and younger children carrying knives as part of their dress code. Of course, whilst they continue to do that, then the incidents of stabbings will only get worse. How do you stop youngsters from nickin' the kitchen knives for 'protection'?
    I fear for the survival of the human race. I think they will kill each other.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time

Well it looks as if the Autumn is well and truly established. Temps are falling, nights are drawing in, and the clocks in the UK will be going back 1 hour this Sunday. I wish that it would stay at GMT. There is no need for 'daylight saving' these days.
    The deciduous trees are busy dropping their leaves, and 'conkers' are in abundance scattered all around their 'home' tree. Maybe children will retrieve them for playground fun. Oh dear, I don't think the game 'conkers' is permitted any more, neither is 'whip and top' something to do with 'Elf n' Sefty' - I suppose that children today could use such items as weapons !

This brings me onto how social behaviour has sunk so deeply into the gutter - teenagers and younger children carrying knives as part of their dress code. Of course, whilst they continue to do that, then the incidents of stabbings will only get worse. How do you stop youngsters from nickin' the kitchen knives for 'protection'?
    I fear for the survival of the human race. I think they will kill each other.
    Hi ya, Gilly.
    Yup Fall is taking over around here finally, as well.
    Birds are migrating. A couple of days ago, a flight of Sandhill Cranes circled our house for several minutes before settling near Left Hand Creek. The first time I have seen them this close to town. And several flights of Canada Geese have passed by.
    All the trees have turned and today's wind has cleaned most of them off.
    We were hoping to be off to warmer climes before the cold sets in, but still sorting through all the medical stuff before the Mrs is cleared for travel.
    We may find ourselves stuck in Colorado for another Winter.

Oh well. Life goes on, one way or another.

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time

Hi there Lars, I do hope your good lady wife gets the 'all clear' so you can benefit from moving to warmer climes ! They do say that youth is wasted on the young, and it is Oh so true.

I used to look forward to winter and the snow, but now at my age I'm just hoping that winter will be a short one and we have an early spring. No more sledging down the local sloping field ! LOL

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time

I find it very depressing reading our local paper these days. There's a knifing just about every day now, and there doesn't seem to be an answer. If it was left to me I would bring back the birch straight away for people over 16 years old and the cane for 9 - 15 yrs inclusive. It is quite an 'off-puter' having pain administered. grrrrrrrrrrr

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

Register to remove this ad.
    If it was left to me I would bring back the birch straight away for people over 16 years old and the cane for 9 - 15 yrs inclusive. It is quite an 'off-puter' having pain administered. grrrrrrrrrrr
    And should the floggings be public ones? Thank goodness it is Not left to you. How about the pillories instead?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 115 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast