----

Local Date
    10-22-2018
    Local Time
    09:16 AM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Re: SPAM Call

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Depending on my mood I sometimes like playing with them. Like one I had a little while back with "Stephen", calling from TalkTalk, calling about my Internet Connection. Before he could go on with his spiel I went at him accusing of him of hacking my system, throwing him totally off kilter, desperately trying to get back to his script, going on, "No, I am looking at your connection now, and I see your computer is infected with a virus", so then I go on, "So you admit it. Get out of my f***ing computer", etc, etc. Eventually he catches on that he's being wound up & responds "re you making fun of me Mother ****er"? and hangs up. That call made my day.
    That one is a serious scam they are after your passwords, They go on to ask for access to your computer so they can fix it. my mother in law fell for it and would have given them what they want but being over 80, a bit deaf and not exactly the most computer literate I think they gave up besides since the internet was not on she couldn't understand how they would know it was not working. I persuaded her to phone talk to confirm it was a scam as she wouldn't believe me to begin with. I imagine quite a few fall for it.

is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    10-22-2018
    Local Time
    06:16 PM

Gee ....I just hang up.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-22-2018
    Local Time
    09:16 AM
    Gifts Beer Cake

Register to remove this ad.
    I had another one from "Stephen" at TalkTalk (Strange, I always seem to get Stephen. I'm sure it has to be the same one - after all, they can't have many Indians called "Stephen" working at TalkTalk). Once he went on to tell me that I was having "Problems with my Internet Connection" I kept going on at him, whenever he tried to say anything, excitedly repeating, "Oh, please, tell me about the problems. I want to know about the problems. Please tel me about the problems". When I first let them go all the way through with the scam, it wasn't a thing to gain access to passwords, but to try to sell me some fake Anti Virus software - although I imagine the real intent was to get the card number I was expected to use to purchase said software.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2