Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Full Moon

Local Date
    12-17-2018
    Local Time
    10:21 AM

Full Moon

Could we please get over the full moon myth once and for all ...PLEASE! I still can't believe that even educated people believe that crap!

Local Date
    12-16-2018
    Local Time
    06:21 PM

Re: Full Moon

which myth would that be?
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

Local Date
    12-17-2018
    Local Time
    10:21 AM

That the full moon phase has a physical and psychological effect on the human condition. AAAHHHHH!!!!! ...Scientists have proven over and over it's a nonsense. It been proven based on the original concept that the moon sets epilepcy off is false! I had a magistrate tell me it's true...I'm like huh? You're a learned man you have peoples lives in your hands and you think that kind of stuff?

Local Date
    12-17-2018
    Local Time
    12:21 AM

What? You mean when I go out into the back garden and howl at the full moon it's just superstition? Bummer.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Local Date
    12-16-2018
    Local Time
    06:21 PM

I was flying home from Germany once, and the guy in the next seat was a Psychologist from Austria.
    We started talking, and our conversation somehow got to that idea, and he suggested that some people could have behavioral changes when the Moon is full, simply because they somehow believe that it happens.
    They believe it so they cut loose because they have something to blame bad behavior on.
    Similar to how people let go of some of their inhibitions after having a couple of drinks, even though they really have not consumed enough alcohol to actually affect their behavior.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

Local Date
    12-16-2018
    Local Time
    11:21 PM

It's definitely a load of tosh IMO. I go out into the garden and howl at the half moon, or is it the last quarter? Any way it does one good thing for me ...................keeps one or two unwanted nosey neighbours away from our house ! LOL Oh I do miss me smilies ! It just isn't the same writing LOL grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I always thought the moon was made of cream cheese anyway ................. and there's supposed to be a man on it somewhere ! Did that cow ever come back to earth ? Well that was what somebody told me when I was a little girl. (guffaw)
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    12-16-2018
    Local Time
    03:21 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Lunacy, don't you know... It goes back a long time (the superstition, that is.)

+ Reply to Thread