----

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time
    03:44 AM

Noah's Ark discovered?

Competing claims over exact location
    of Bible boat leave flood of questions

Has Noah's Ark, the legendary vessel of the Bible, been found?

Does it remain hidden?

Was there in fact a giant ship that guided humanity and animals through a 40-day flood, or is it all just ancient myth?

These questions have sparked countless debates for years, and several groups now are trying to settle the issue once and for all.

Read more:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40060

Little did I know...
    is thinking about stuff...

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time
    04:44 AM
    Gifts Cocktail Heart Cocktail Banana Burger Beer Car Beer

Re: Noah's Ark discovered?

CVX, thanks for posting this. Fantastic article!

Warsai
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Many scientists believe that the Ark was real, and they do believe there was some sort of flood around the time the Ark was built. I remember seeing something about this on TLC.

plazul
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

The search for Noah's Ark goes back as far as I can remember. I think the myth might be based on a real event in which a vessel was built by a tribal leader and stocked with animals and people for a journey across uncharted waters.

We now know that human navigation of the world's waters goes back tens of thousands of years.

All Human Life Is Here...
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time
    12:44 PM

Thumbs up Re: Noah's Ark discovered?

I first read about the search for Noah's Ark back in 1969 in The Reader's Digest magazine. Then Time done a piece on it. I have alway's had a keen interest in these finds around the world.

CVX
    Currently Offline
    Newsaholic
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time

Noah’s Ark Expedition Halted

This is from Mediadrome:
    http://www.themediadrome.com/cgi-bin...95018252,14862,

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Several weeks ago, The Mediadrome reported that Honolulu businessman, Daniel McGivern, was sponsoring an expedition up Mount Ararat in the hopes of finding Noah’s Ark. Based on satellite pictures taken in 2003, McGivern believes that a man-made structure resembling the biblical boat may very well be resting about 15,500 feet above sea level on the great mountain. The expedition was scheduled to begin on July 15th pending approval from the Turkish Government. McGivern has now received official word from the Turkish Embassy in Washington, D.C. stating his request “was declined by the relevant Turkish authorities due to security restrictions.” The reasoning is all very vague, but the end result is quite clear: McGivern’s search for Noah’s Ark has been cancelled. According to McGivern, he will not pursue the search any further: A good businessman calculates what amount of money and time he will invest and has to know when to walk away.”

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time

I remember Mt Ararat being mentioned many years ago as the place they think it happened. And this was a lot of years ago-back in the 80's maybe earlier. I remember my brother had told me when he was in the navy and they were training guys in Turkey there was a lot of stuff going around about how the gov over there refused to let a research team in to investigate it.If I remember correctly they gave a similar excuse back then-had something to do with security-which at the time things were bad in Turkey-but now-no one even hears about the country-is it still called that?
    Last edited by pattybug52; 09-18-2004 at 09:36 PM. Reason: more info

Little did I know...
    is thinking about stuff...

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time
    04:44 AM
    Gifts Cocktail Heart Cocktail Banana Burger Beer Car Beer

Turkey is alive and well. Still a NATO member and a good friend of the U.S.

CVX
    Currently Offline
    Newsaholic
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time

'Noah's Ark' Samples Test Negative
    New Zealand Herald

A New Zealander's quest to find Noah's Ark has suffered a double blow, with two samples he gathered in Turkey turning out to be rock, not petrified timber.

Ross Patterson delivered the samples last week to crown research institute Geological and Nuclear Sciences (GNS) in Wellington.

Senior geologist Hamish Campbell, who examined the samples, told NZPA today they were not wood or fossil material, as Mr Patterson had hoped, but volcanic rock.

The GNS service, which involved cutting the rock into slices 300ths of a millimetre thick, would cost about $60.

"I'm the geologist at Te Papa, and I get to see a vast amount of curious rocks that people bring in -- meteorites, things that are fished out of the ocean," Dr Campbell said.

"But I have to confess, this is the first time I have been presented with rocks that are considered to be of some religious and/or archeological significance."

One of the samples had "a lovely platey fabric" and Dr Campbell said he could see why Mr Patterson thought they might be fossil wood.

"I'm all for somebody chasing something like this -- it makes life interesting. GNS offers a service and we are very happy to sample rock in this way."

According to the Bible, Noah was commanded by God to build the ark and herd two specimens of all animal life into it before a great flood which lasted 40 days and 40 nights.

Mt Ararat, in eastern Turkey, is considered by many Christians to be the ark's resting place.

However Mr Patterson, 40, a freelance computer programmer based in Whangarei and Lower Hutt, took his samples from a ridge 19km from Mt Ararat, believed to be an alternative landing site.

A Christian with a Seventh Day Adventist background, he believes there is evidence remnants of Noah's floating zoo lie beneath the ridge 2000m above sea level, within a national park.

With his brother Keith Patterson, Whangarei retired pilot Geoff McCall, and three non-denominational friends from the United States and Sweden, Mr Patterson took his samples from the surface of the site, as the group did not have a permit to dig.

"The site has not been excavated because every winter it gets covered in snow, so if anything was exposed it would deteriorate, and the Turkish government has stipulated that for a full excavation to go ahead it would need to be housed, and that would be very expensive."

Mr Patterson told NZPA that despite his sample results, he would not give up and had "only scratched the surface".

Research by controversial American author the late Ron Wyatt and others claimed petrified timber and iron rivets existed under the ridge, he said.

A radar scan in the late 1980s had shown large structures and Wyatt said he had found exotic animal hairs at the site.

Mr Patterson hoped to return next year when an American university would carry out another scan, and use it as a basis to apply for permits to excavate.

He believed the Biblical ark, said to be three storeys high and a tenth of a mile long, could have carried juvenile species of animals that had evolved over 4000-5000 years into the many species now in existence.

Mr Patterson and his brother want to make a DVD from film footage of their trip, which includes interviews with local Turkish elders and a Scotsman who has climbed Mt Ararat seven times in search of the ark.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/latestnews...cfm?storyID=36
    |08491&thesection=news&thesubsection=general

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time
    12:44 PM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    I read somewhere that the origin of the flood stories in the bible hark back to when the atlantic broke through to create the mediterranean as water levels rose at the end of the ice age. There are certainly ruins underwater that look as if they were once part of large cities. Makes more sense than the whole planet flooding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast