+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Look at this rubbish

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time
    03:07 AM

Look at this rubbish

I received this message in myspace. Do people really fall for this crap? I mailed it as abuse. Take a look:

Dear,

My name is Mike Johnson from Sierra Leonian. I am 20 years old and a student. Please I would like you to assist me as urgent as you can,before they kill me.My father is a wealthy cocoa merchant.Trouble began early last two year when my father's associates began suspecting that my father is not givingn proper accounts of all the tonnes of cocoa being cultivated by local farmersn in some villages.

This mistrust deepens between Oct-Sept, 2004 when they discovered avery large some of money my father deposited with a Bank here in ABIDJAN-COTE D'IVOIRE (FORMALLY IVORY COAST in West Africa. As a result of this discovery and the envy on the money he was poisioned by his associates.At his hospital bed ,he revealed to me the reasons of his sickness and directed me where to get the documents of the said deposit which he made on my name as the next of kin,being the only child.He dvised me that in case he die, that I should not stay in this country Sierre Leone because his associates will equally kill me hence my mother had died five years ago of breast cancer.

He also instructed that if he dies, I should look for a foreign partner who will help me to transfer the money out of this place (Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire), to his account and the person will help me to invest the money in that country. Based on this, I had to contact you bearing in mind that you will be humane enough to protect my life. My father finally died on the 5th of june,2005 and since then, I was out of school and went into hiding because of my father's asociates. All the relevant documents of the $8.000,000.(Eight Million United States Dollars) that was deposited in a Commercial Bank by my late father, are with me now.

I will give you 15% of the total money, if you can help me transferring it into your Account, for onward investment in your country. Please contact me immediately with the above E-mail address and include your telephone and Fax numbers to enable me send you all necessar documents asregards the money before they kill me.

I'm waiting for your urgent reply.
    Best regards.sincerely,

He gives his name and address etc but i didn't want to give him the publicity.

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    09:07 PM

Re: Look at this rubbish

What an utter, blatant, STUPID scam. The worst part? I bet he has had many replies that have bought this load of dung. Did you reply? I bet the gang here could come up with a BRILLIANT way to respond to this dork.
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by BabyRider View Post
    What an utter, blatant, STUPID scam. The worst part? I bet he has had many replies that have bought this load of dung. Did you reply? I bet the gang here could come up with a BRILLIANT way to respond to this dork.
    No I didn't. I just thought how some people are probably gullable enough to reply to this. I reported him as abuse so hopefully he will be deleted.

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by jennyswan View Post
    I received this message in myspace. Do people really fall for this crap? I mailed it as abuse. Take a look:

Dear,

My name is Mike Johnson from Sierra Leonian. I am 20 years old and a student. Please I would like you to assist me as urgent as you can,before they kill me.My father is a wealthy cocoa merchant.Trouble began early last two year when my father's associates began suspecting that my father is not givingn proper accounts
    of all the tonnes of cocoa being cultivated by local farmersn in some villages.

This mistrust deepens between Oct-Sept, 2004 when they discovered avery large

some of money my father deposited with a Bank here in ABIDJAN-COTE D'IVOIRE (FORMALLY IVORY COAST in West Africa. As a result of this discovery and the envy on the money he was poisioned by his associates.At his hospital bed ,he revealed to me the reasons of his sickness and directed me where to get the documents of the said deposit which he made on my name as the next of kin,being the only child.He dvised me that in case he die, that I should not stay in this country Sierre Leone because his associates will equally kill me hence my mother had died five years ago of breast cancer.

He also instructed that if he dies, I should look for a foreign partner who will help me to transfer the money out of this place (Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire), to his account and the person will help me to invest the money in that country. Based on this, I had to contact you bearing in mind that you will be humane enough to protect my life. My father finally died on the 5th of june,2005 and since then, I was out of school and went into hiding because of my father's asociates. All the relevant documents of the $8.000,000.(Eight Million United States Dollars) that was deposited in a Commercial Bank by my late father, are with me now.

I will give you 15% of the total money, if you can help me transferring it into your Account, for onward investment in your country. Please contact me immediately with the above E-mail address and include your telephone and Fax numbers to enable me send you all necessar documents asregards the money before they kill me.

I'm waiting for your urgent reply.
    Best regards.sincerely,

He gives his name and address etc but i didn't want to give him the publicity.

I am introducing a new feature into my advice column as of January 1st 2007, based on the writings contained in the Benrick "This Diary Will Change Your Life" Diary for that year, I shall be making suggestions for people over the week. There is one such suggestion coming up where I will urge people to respond to spam emails and scams such as this. My reposnse would be like this.

Dear Mr. Bengalilouwawa

I was shocked to hear of your father's terrible troubles, and am saddened that Cacao Merchants can no longer ply their honorable trade in peace and justice. I have of course passed your email onto interpol and also Irish Military intelligence as we have some military presence in Western Africa and I am sure that if our government can help you it will spare absolutely no expense in trying to find you and help you overcome your problems, our Irish soldiers are most efficient and helpful in all such matters and they are armed with the latest weaponry and communications equipment.

I am not in a position myself to pass on my bank details as my accounts have been frozen due to the non payment of a bill that I received in error from ebay for several large Mercedes Benz automobiles that I did not pay for, they have assured me that if I can pay for even one of the cars, then the matter will be taken into consideration. The one I have chosen is the SLK 520, metallic blue, with the tan leather hood, its only €98,000, which I am sure you can understand is a great bargain for such a vehicle.

If you could see fit to send me the money in any form of transferable currency, bankers draft, travelers cheques, diamonds, stock certificates in a blue chip company listed on the FTSE 100 or the DOW JONES index I would immediately be able to reopen my account, sell the Merc, and with the profit, I could reimburse you and we could proceed to your next stage of reclaiming your families fortune, which has been so tragically taken away from you.

Yours with Kind Regards

Galbally
    "We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Galbally View Post
    I am introducing a new feature into my advice column as of January 1st 2007, based on the writings contained in the Benrick "This Diary Will Change Your Life" Diary for that year, I shall be making suggestions for people over the week. There is one such suggestion coming up where I will urge people to respond to spam emails and scams such as this. My reposnse would be like this.

Dear Mr. Bengalilouwawa

I was shocked to hear of your father's terrible troubles, and am saddened that Cacao Merchants can no longer ply their honorable trade in peace and justice. I have of course passed your email onto interpol and also Irish Military intelligence as we have some military presence in Western Africa and I am sure that if our government can help you it will spare absolutely no expense in trying to find you and help you overcome your problems, our Irish soldiers are most efficient and helpful in all such matters and they are armed with the latest weaponry and communications equipment.

I am not in a position myself to pass on my bank details as my accounts have been frozen due to the non payment of a bill that I received in error from ebay for several large Mercedes Benz automobiles that I did not pay for, they have assured me that if I can pay for even one of the cars, then the matter will be taken into consideration. The one I have chosen is the SLK 520, metallic blue, with the tan leather hood, its only €98,000, which I am sure you can understand is a great bargain for such a vehicle.

If you could see fit to send me the money in any form of transferable currency, bankers draft, travelers cheques, diamonds, stock certificates in a blue chip company listed on the FTSE 100 or the DOW JONES index I would immediately be able to reopen my account, sell the Merc, and with the profit, I could reimburse you and we could proceed to your next stage of reclaiming your families fortune, which has been so tragically taken away from you.

Yours with Kind Regards

Galbally
    Galbally you are hilarious. I love it.

Senior Member pantsonfire321@aol.com's Avatar
    Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time

I get at least one of these a day . One time i replyed and told them to F - off, - and they even replyed back to me as mrs f***off I thought every one got them .
    Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .

Smile people

yep, this bitch bites back .

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time

no, please, that is rubbish only!
    Here at my job we received a lot of that letters (or ..litter) they all were - are - false.
    We read on newspapers that someone dropped in and, obviously, lost money..

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Galbally View Post

Dear Mr. Bengalilouwawa

Yours with Kind Regards

Galbally
    Now that was brilliant!!!

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time

Last week, we received ane-mail from a self defining law office (name, surname, address and city) and they say that they continously receive from our company sexy video...and they say: just click here to see what you are sending us..
    We immediately informed our postal police and they told us that there are a lot of them.

Local Date
    02-21-2020
    Local Time
    02:07 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    There's only so many templates out there that the scammers use but I find the variations interesting as they change words and phrases to make the approach wiggle through junkmail filters. "My name is Raphael Edward, I am 27yrs old and a student" isn't far off what you got, you can read it on http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/info/nigeria.htm

My view of the continued success of what are very obvious scams, like this, is that a very few people are in such a state of worry, financially or otherwise, that, seeing this arrive, their mind grasps at it as a solution. They're not naive people who respond, they're troubled, and the trouble is so overwhelming that they flip from rational to deluded in a moment and never get close to questioning the solution they've been presented with. The overwhelming joy of not having to worry any longer is too great for them to stand back and question their good luck, so that avenue of rationality is closed off for them. People have killed themselves once the pretence finally becomes too impossible to maintain any longer. That might happen with just one in a hundred thousand mailings, and only some of those will have tens of thousands of dollars to be milked by the scammer, but it's more than enough for the technique to be profitable.

The "hand it to the law and the law will close it down" route isn't, and never will be, a successful fix. The total scam operation is broken into layers. The writers send out huge numbers for a fixed fee. The contact address is a different agent who gets paid for the number of responses he turns into agreements to proceed and gets verifiable contact details. A third team turns these into advance payments for the release of non-existent assets. There's a fourth layer which engages in meeting victims who agree to travel to, for example, Holland or South Africa, where intimidation and violent coercion is applied. None of these levels are owned by any other, they're cooperatives and if any one is broken up there are many others to seamlessly switch to.

I do think there's a proactive way of destroying the scam and that's for large numbers of people to write back and play them like fish. If a thousand "yes" responses come in for every one genuine response the whole system will clog and choke, incapable of putting sufficient effort into the front end for it to remain profitable. Setting up a reactive website might be a first step in organizing that, if anyone wants to give it a go.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast