Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I Must Be Losing It..............

Local Date
    02-17-2020
    Local Time
    04:23 AM

I Must Be Losing It..............

So, I just came back from shopping. I used my old falling apart walker which was given to me for the seven years the doctors couldn't figure out WHY I couldn't walk (Duh). I don't like to carry heavy stuff & I bought 15 lbs. of cat litter. Feeling fine. So this woman, in her fifties, I think, stops me & with a Russian accent asks me if I speak Russian. All there are are Russians around here. Predominantly Russian. I say, "no, English". I had a feeling she wanted more than directions. She says "I'm a Home Care Attendant, do you have need of my services (something like that)"

So I yell "How dare you Insult Me!, Get Out of My Way, you Efffing Bitch"!! using the real word, of course.

I was wearing a Star Trek T-Shirt! Now I feel like I'm 90 years old. I should have said "NO, but Paul McCartney (or Mick Jagger) might, Do You Suck Cock?"

I'm heaving with anger & I feel like an old crone.

I don't like this getting older thing, not one bit, nothing about it, nothing. I hate it. I guess I'll admit I'm at the "Will you still need me, will you still feed me" age. Don't even like the song anymore.

Local Date
    02-17-2020
    Local Time

Re: I Must Be Losing It..............

This is bringing out a hurt in me, a real pain. I actually feel like crying.

Local Date
    02-17-2020
    Local Time
    03:23 AM

Umm, I wonder what her answer would have been to your pointed question?

Local Date
    02-17-2020
    Local Time

YZ, I missed you & your humor so much!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry you answered though, as I came back to delete this thread, now thanks to you it's too late.

I'm really a nervous wreck lately, and by some miracle I'm not screaming out loud every waking minute. I meditate now, for the past year in an attempt to shut up & accept. But this dame pressed my buttons. I don't think she was that much younger than me.

Local Date
    02-17-2020
    Local Time
    02:23 AM

Wow. I am sorry that you are having such a hard time with the getting old thing, Anne.
    I am still in denial, myself. I can't think of anything to like about it, either.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    02-17-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    YZ, I missed you & your humor so much!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry you answered though, as I came back to delete this thread, now thanks to you it's too late.

I'm really a nervous wreck lately, and by some miracle I'm not screaming out loud every waking minute. I meditate now, for the past year in an attempt to shut up & accept. But this dame pressed my buttons. I don't think she was that much younger than me.
    I could delete this thread (I got connections, ya know.), if you still want it gone, though I think you raise a good subject. Maybe talking (typing) about it could help.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    02-17-2020
    Local Time

It's the loss of power that I hate. I was a powerful person, fearless & fearsome. Now I ............ I'm not.

Local Date
    02-17-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I could delete this thread (I got connections, ya know.), if you still want it gone, though I think you raise a good subject. Maybe talking (typing) about it could help.
    Thanks Lars, but I guess I'll let the chips fall where they may. It will be off soon enough on it's own. But thank you, very much.

Local Date
    02-17-2020
    Local Time
    01:23 AM

Anne

OMG - I laughed Paul & Mick..!

I read this to my Hubby & Brother - we all laughed - so, Thank You for that.

Getting old sucks - we have limitations where we never did before.
    Honestly, I couldn't lift 15 lbs. of Cat Litter - maybe this lady was trying to be nice to help you with that?

depressing I know - I don't like to be called Maam.

It's OK - scream

Patsy

Local Date
    02-17-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    It's the loss of power that I hate. I was a powerful person, fearless & fearsome. Now I ............ I'm not.
    Well...first of all, that's not true. You are still an extremely powerful intellect. ( I suspect powerful spiritually as well.) Secondly, that was a seriously inappropriate question for a stranger to ask, and unsolicited as well! That as tactless as asking a woman if she is pregnant. She might as well have asked if she could film you in the bathroom or what color your underwear was.

I think your response, although emotional, was to be expected. Perhaps she'll think twice about being insensitive in the future.

By the way, my response to the kids when they ask me rude or insensitive questions (something which happens nearly every day) is, "That's OK...It's not like I have feelings or anything!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast