Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Lock Down

Local Date
    02-28-2020
    Local Time
    12:40 AM

Re: Lock Down

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    They're vulnerable too, and they know it. The video certainly makes that quite evident.

Now, lets say a bunch of gun slingers in the neighborhood misread the situation and begin taking shots at the police. Imagine the chaos that would ensue.
    But they didn't, did they? Neither did a cop turn around and see a reflection in the window of this house and over react.

I knew we were screwed when we had to start taking our shoes off at the airport.

But this situation, I would expect on my own block, if it were known that a dangerous hostage taker was seen entering my neghborhood.
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

Local Date
    02-28-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    The situation was misread and there were a bunch of gunslingers.

tude - i don't care if it's a cop or you as my neighbor that comes to rescue my sorry ass, so long as someone bothers to.
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Local Date
    02-28-2020
    Local Time
    06:40 AM

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    And Bruv? The English have always raided Irish homes in the same way these guys have done here . I'ts not exactly foreign to you guys.
    I don't think you can compare the actions of the Army in Northern Ireland during a long terrorist conflict, and the local Police pursueing a lone teenager, after a single incident.

Out of interest did you see the actual capture, as the guy hide in a boat, discovered by a helicopter with thermal imaging, I would think the volley were more than the total shots fired in London during the whole Irish problem over a period of years.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-28-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    But they didn't, did they? Neither did a cop turn around and see a reflection in the window of this house and over react.

I knew we were screwed when we had to start taking our shoes off at the airport.

But this situation, I would expect on my own block, if it were known that a dangerous hostage taker was seen entering my neghborhood.
    No, nothing like I mentioned did occur in this instance, thankfully, though that could be because as acct pointed out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, Watertown and most of Massachusetts is virtually disarmed.
    Also, let's not forget that a situation similar to what we're talking of did in fact occur in upstate NY not long after the Newtown shootings when that one guy set fire to his home and then picked off a couple of firefighters from a distance.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    02-28-2020
    Local Time

A couple of things convince me that this guy is just a wacko and not your garden-variety Muslim extremist terrorist. Not only didn't they go for maximum deaths by setting the bombs at the start line rather than the finish, he hid in that boat. He knew as well as anybody that nobody in town was armed. Logically he would have taken a family hostage or something similar.

Local Date
    02-28-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable View Post
    A couple of things convince me that this guy is just a wacko and not your garden-variety Muslim extremist terrorist. Not only didn't they go for maximum deaths by setting the bombs at the start line rather than the finish, he hid in that boat. He knew as well as anybody that nobody in town was armed. Logically he would have taken a family hostage or something similar.
    Why was no one in town armed?

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-28-2020
    Local Time
    03:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    I don't think you can compare the actions of the Army in Northern Ireland during a long terrorist conflict, and the local Police pursueing a lone teenager, after a single incident.

Out of interest did you see the actual capture, as the guy hide in a boat, discovered by a helicopter with thermal imaging, I would think the volley were more than the total shots fired in London during the whole Irish problem over a period of years.
    Saw it all, our morning show went overtime...... like I said the longest most boring cop show EVER. But what was interesting is that whilst sitting there we were picking up the absolute lies being told as it was panning out . At one point something had happened and a comment made and I'm looking over to my host and he's looking at me asking what the ****? Are we all looking at the same screen?

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-28-2020
    Local Time
    03:40 PM

What I think was the biggest gaff of all though, was after they captured the poor sod and the president made another speech ...I was sitting there gobsmacked thinking ...Did that man just say what I thought he said? 'i hope the victims make a quick and full recovery"...............ummmm seriously I've never known anyone with their legs blown off to make a full recovery before.

Local Date
    02-28-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    Why was no one in town armed?
    As I understand it Boston and the surrounding area has very restrictive gun laws. Of course that doesn't mean that every single person was unarmed, but the odds lean that way.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-28-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Yeah, so the gun lobby can make the case that these two would have been caught or gunned down a lot sooner had Massachusetts had more LIBERAL gun laws. *****ing liberals.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast