+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with a stray

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time
    12:21 AM

What to do with a stray

Ok I am an animal lover as much as the next person, I have always owned pets, currently own a dog and a cat.
    So yesterday my neighbor (animal lover too owns 4 cats) informs me neighbors moved, and left their cat behind. I am both shocked and disappointed.
    However.... I detest this cat, he is mean, he pooh's in my garden, sits on my front step, walkway and lawn and glares at my pets, thus provoking my dog to get all whipped up into a Cujo Frenzie.... DAILY, and causes my cat to yeowl. My cat has escaped 2 times and this cat has shredded my cat up badly so now we really watch closely to keep control of our cat.
    No body will take "sir evilness" in as he is so matted, and awful looking as well as mean.
    My question, 1 will he live through winter? Is it better to call animal services to trap and take him away, or just let nature take it's course? I am certain both options lead to this cats demise I won't take him in as he is male like mine and my dog will hurt it badly. As well I don't want it.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time
    05:21 PM

Re: What to do with a stray

Quote Originally Posted by minks
    Ok I am an animal lover as much as the next person, I have always owned pets, currently own a dog and a cat.
    So yesterday my neighbor (animal lover too owns 4 cats) informs me neighbors moved, and left their cat behind. I am both shocked and disappointed.
    However.... I detest this cat, he is mean, he pooh's in my garden, sits on my front step, walkway and lawn and glares at my pets, thus provoking my dog to get all whipped up into a Cujo Frenzie.... DAILY, and causes my cat to yeowl. My cat has escaped 2 times and this cat has shredded my cat up badly so now we really watch closely to keep control of our cat.
    No body will take "sir evilness" in as he is so matted, and awful looking as well as mean.
    My question, 1 will he live through winter? Is it better to call animal services to trap and take him away, or just let nature take it's course? I am certain both options lead to this cats demise I won't take him in as he is male like mine and my dog will hurt it badly. As well I don't want it.
    Call the animal ranger and have it put to sleep. It's the kinder thing to do for it.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time
    02:21 AM

I agree with Orangesox on this one, Minks. This cat sounds borderline feral. Call animal control, and have them come get him. He probably won't live through the winter if his coat is in the condition you say and letting him freeze or starve is much more harsh than getting put down humanely by animal services.
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by BabyRider
    I agree with Orangesox on this one, Minks. This cat sounds borderline feral. Call animal control, and have them come get him. He probably won't live through the winter if his coat is in the condition you say and letting him freeze or starve is much more harsh than getting put down humanely by animal services.
    The owners probably didn't like the cat either, but it was a really mean thing to just leave it like that

I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Oh, how mean! Call the animal services to trap him, if he is tame enough he might get a home. It would be cruel to let him starve to death during the winter.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time
    12:21 AM

I have to agree with everyone - call animal control. It doesn't sound like he's tame enough for a rescue group to take in. It really chaps my butt that people don't do right by their animals. It's the old owners fault this cat is in this state of mind and physical condition. They probably mistreated it for a long time.
    The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by nvalleyvee
    I have to agree with everyone - call animal control. It doesn't sound like he's tame enough for a rescue group to take in. It really chaps my butt that people don't do right by their animals. It's the old owners fault this cat is in this state of mind and physical condition. They probably mistreated it for a long time.
    I had a horrible cat once and I had to have it put to sleep, I didn't like doing that but I had no choice, it just had a horrible nature.

SnoozeControl

There might be a local no-kill animal group that would be willing to take him in.

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by SnoozeControl
    There might be a local no-kill animal group that would be willing to take him in.
    They might have to change their no kill policy after a while

I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Snooze is right, there are many local groups that might take in a semi-feral animal to see if they can help it become adoptable. Check out your local listings for different animal shelters and groups.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast