Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Criminals facing their victims..

Banned
    Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    01:28 PM

Criminals facing their victims..

This is Bristol | 'Opportunity is way to prevent unrest'

What Interested me In this article was the Idea of the convicted meeting their victims.

How do members feel about this ?

Do you think It would have any effect on the criminals?

I am wondering how the victims of violent crime would feel face to face with their attacker.

Is this a good Idea?

I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    08:28 AM

Re: Criminals facing their victims..

My brother-in-law was murdered, and during the trial and all the hearings I went to every one. The criminal knew me, and before final sentencing I was the only one who spoke out for a harsh sentence. (murdered in his own house, during a break-in, tried to kidnap my niece) After my little speech the judge told me I was a little harsh in what I was asking for, (the full sentence) and he got 7 years, cut in half for good behavior. 3 1/2 years for murder and kidnapping. I think a face to face meant nothing, to the judicial system, the criminal, and the family.

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    09:28 AM

Quote Originally Posted by chonsigirl View Post
    My brother-in-law was murdered, and during the trial and all the hearings I went to every one. The criminal knew me, and before final sentencing I was the only one who spoke out for a harsh sentence. (murdered in his own house, during a break-in, tried to kidnap my niece) After my little speech the judge told me I was a little harsh in what I was asking for, (the full sentence) and he got 7 years, cut in half for good behavior. 3 1/2 years for murder and kidnapping. I think a face to face meant nothing, to the judicial system, the criminal, and the family.
    Oh what a horror story Chonsi...I'm so sorry for your family. Life is so unfair. (((Chonsi)))

Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    02:28 PM

The law favors the criminal. This is so wrong.

Banned
    Local Date
    02-19-2020
    Local Time
    01:28 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    So sorry Chons. I do have some Insight after being Involved In similar only on the other side of the bench.
    I remember seeing the face of the vitems elderly Father as sentencing was about to begin. I just knew It was not going to be what they hoped for. In our case, the entire family of the victim were extraordinarily forgiving and I learnt much about the human nature that day.

+ Reply to Thread