Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A$AP Rocky

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    02:30 PM

Re: A$AP Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    The guy is kind of a musician, ...of sorts, ...I guess.
    Ah. I think we've found the underlying comprehension glitch in the thread.

I think he is trying to show Black people in America that he is not racist, by helping a Black guy get outa jail free.
    I suspect he's trying to dissuade any American from holidaying abroad by publicizing what happens.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

Clarification trickles out:

In the texts they discuss the case in detail, saying that one of them was asked to film the incident and that they’d “watched rocky and security guard beat the **** out of someone” before stating that the video released by Rocky was “cleaned up a bit.” Other texts from member’s of the team stated “I hope rocky deleted all the videos on his phone and only kept the one.”

The prosecutor also focused on the interrogation of Rocky, where he admits to a scuffle but denies a crime, saying “I got him on the ground. I punched and kicked.” When pressed further about how many times he hit the victim, he says “I don’t remember. Where they hit. In a fight you don’t count how many. You defend yourself.”

Sveriges Radio reports that Rocky’s Lawyer, Slobodan Jovicic, responded to these statements, saying “In his world, when he had to explain it in his way, he’s said to have thrown the person on the ground and then performed these moves. But he hasn’t confessed to behaving in the way the prosecutor is suggesting, says.

https://hypebeast.com/2019/7/asap-ro...tion-documents
    Rocky, for those wondering, didn't have the wit to delete all the videos on his phone and only keep the one, the prosecution report is packed full of stills from the complete record he commissioned before he went into Hulk Smash mode. I've met brighter goldfish.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

President Trump is still bleating on about A$AP Rocky still being in jail.

These are part of the evidence. They're marks on the rapper's victim, not on the rapper.

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    07:30 AM

Hmmm.
    Well, I have stopped to give this some thought, and it is with absolute certainty that I can say,
    I don't really care.
    sorry that the Swedes must put up with the guy, but, please don't send him back here.

Oh, and I suspect this article is right.
    The Trumpster probably doesn't really care, either.

trump-doesn-t-care-about-asap-rocky
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

Just when you think President Trump can't twist matters any further -

Donald Trump sent the US special presidential envoy for hostage affairs to Stockholm to monitor the court proceedings of the American rapper A$AP Rocky, according to Swedish news agency TT.

The special envoy Robert O’Brien was seen on Tuesday at Stockholm district court

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...rs-envoy-trump

Sheer genius that, though not his own idea. "Fox News-28 Jul 2019 RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan says he's concerned over what he calls a hostage situation for fellow rapper A$AP Rocky"

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

The Swedish judge, Per Lennerbrant, said the performer and his two co-accused could be released from custody and were free to leave the country ahead of his verdict.

Such a ruling may point to an acquittal, or a sentence of less than the time already served, Reuters reported.

Mr Jovicic said his client "is a free person for now" but has a "nervous wait for two more weeks".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49204862
    If Mr Jovicic thinks his client will still be in Sweden when the verdict and sentence are announced in court, he has a startlingly vivid imagination.

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

And indeed, Elvis has left.

Rocky, and two members of his entourage who were on trial, were allowed to leave Sweden on Friday following their three-day trial to await a verdict Aug. 14.

The 30-year-old rapper, whose real name is Rakim Mayers, flew by private airplane to Los Angeles, arriving Friday night.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-fl...014640661.html

The amount of American diplomatic muscle thrown around has been embarrassing.

"Trump offered to post bail for A$AP Rocky. Sweden does not have a bail system. - par for the course, Mr President, par for the course.

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

A$AP Rocky spent the weekend stackin' loot by hyping up the youth of California at Anaheim. He is not presently in Europe, unlike those two exceptional Americans from Tamalpais High who aren't well-connected enough to be sent home before sentencing.

The BBC has published a timeline of events preparatory to today's verdict. Their Swedish Crime reports are still appearing in the site's music section which is an outrage against both common sense and decency.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49333962
    Swedish court expected to deliver verdict in A$AP Rocky assault case
    A Swedish court will rule Wednesday on whether American A$AP Rocky is guilty of assault for his role in a June
    Here's What Could Happen to A$AP Rocky if He's Found Guilty Today
    A$AP Rocky Not Required to Be in Sweden for Verdict
    A$AP Rocky to get assault verdict, but he won't be in Sweden to hear it
    Verdict due in US rapper A$AP Rocky's assault trial

Later:

A suspended sentence and a compensation fine.

The court lost the opportunity to keep the man away from European soil for the rest of his life. If he'd refused to surrender to an outstanding arrest warrant requiring him to serve an extra week in jail he'd then have been unable to travel internationally again, like Roman Polanski for example.

Still, guilty of assault as charged. So much for I was only defending myself. Next time perhaps he won't record the entire event on his phone for bragging rights. What a twerp.

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

A couple of observations left over from the President's "Free Rocky" publicity stunt. Firstly that A$AP Rocky hasn't offered a word of thanks or support to the White House for all the tweeting and phone calls.

I'd quite like to see the behind-the-scenes emails and contact notes from White House staff to A$AP Rocky's legal team negotiating the Presidential headlines in exchange for a namecheck to boost their man's popularity among street users when next year's elections roll round. The odd references in the press suggest they were frantic and laden with expletives. All that effort and no political return? I'm not surprised.

Secondly I'm in total confusion as to why A$AP Rocky's pre-trial advocate in Sweden was shot in the head and chest this week resulting in the arrest of a "senior lawyer". All those ultra-violent Scandi-noir television series might be having a consequence though I'd much rather it was The Family's enforcers sending a message. Maybe it's both.

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    11:30 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    This entire thread has been most entertaining

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast