Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sincerely held religious beliefs or moral convictions

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time
    01:22 AM

Re: Sincerely held religious beliefs or moral convictions

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Here in Colorado, a health provider fired a doctor for wanting to assist a dying cancer patient in choosing his death.
    They claim the law which permits terminally ill patients to choose to die instead of waiting for death goes against the corporate Christian philosophy.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/09/0...in-dying-laws/
    Well gee, he'll have to go somewhere else to fine a "doctor" to kill him.

A few years ago my brother in law had liver cancer and suffering great pain expressed to me he wanted to blow his brains out. I could have taken his gun but chose to talk about his mom coming to visit. He died in a hospital from cancer.

My point being it is not up to me if he wants to end his suffering, but at the same time I will do what I can to stop him from taking his own life.

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time
    04:22 PM

"taking his own life" .....you preferred cancer to do it against his will instead. ooookay. I've always believed that my human rights end where your's begin and vice versa . that's how I've always figured out what's right and wrong and whether a law is injust or not.

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time
    07:22 AM

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    It is illegal to deny service to somebody because of race, gender, sexual orientation and so forth.

Mississippi law or not.
    But that's precisely what the Mississippi law says can be done. That's its words. Here they are:

The state government shall not take any discriminatory
    action against a person wholly or partially on the basis that the
    person has provided or declined to provide the following services,
    accommodations, facilities, goods, or privileges for a purpose
    related to the solemnization, formation, celebration, or
    recognition of any marriage, based upon or in a manner consistent
    with a sincerely held religious belief or moral conviction
    described in Section 2 of this act
    How does that conform with your "It is illegal to deny service to somebody because of race, gender, sexual orientation and so forth."? The Mississippi bill explicitly makes it legal. Or is it trumped by a higher law - is that what you're suggesting? Which higher law?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time
    12:22 AM

Well gee, he'll have to go somewhere else to fine a "doctor" to kill him.

A few years ago my brother in law had liver cancer and suffering great pain expressed to me he wanted to blow his brains out. I could have taken his gun but chose to talk about his mom coming to visit. He died in a hospital from cancer.

My point being it is not up to me if he wants to end his suffering, but at the same time I will do what I can to stop him from taking his own life.
    I am all for preventing suicide under normal circumstances.
    But, if someone is terminal, and doesn't want to go through the final stages of the pain and suffering that they are certain to face, then there should be a provision to allow that.
    And, the State of Colorado has passed a law to do just that.

The Corporate philosophy should not interfere with the patient's desired care plan.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time

"Chrch or not, doesn't matter to me."

It wasn't a place of worship else this would probably not have been an issue.

It is illegal to deny service to somebody because of race, gender, sexual orientation and so forth.

Mississippi law or not.

What I can do is not participate or contribute to a perverted ceremony.

That is my right, and I am NOT a Christian.
    OK so you do not wish to marry someone of a different colour or race. That is your prerogative. Why do you think you or they have the right to deny someone else making that choice?

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time
    04:22 PM

Hand up! ........what's perverted about it?

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Hand up! ........what's perverted about it?
    God won't let you mix things. Seethe not your kid in its mother's milk and such, it's a perversion.

God created the races. They're part of the Divine Plan. Allowing our womenfolk to become impregnated by those who carry the curse of the Lord is unbiblical. Consider the wisdom of Bob Jones when he founded his great Bible College: "White folks and colored folks, you listen to me. You cannot run over God's plan and God's established order without having trouble. God never meant to have one race. It was not His purpose at all. God has a purpose for each race."

If the American Psychiatric Association wanted to do some good in this world they'd classify religious belief as a mental disease and eradicate it.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    God won't let you mix things. Seethe not your kid in its mother's milk and such, it's a perversion.

God created the races. They're part of the Divine Plan. Allowing our womenfolk to become impregnated by those who carry the curse of the Lord is unbiblical. Consider the wisdom of Bob Jones when he founded his great Bible College: "White folks and colored folks, you listen to me. You cannot run over God's plan and God's established order without having trouble. God never meant to have one race. It was not His purpose at all. God has a purpose for each race."

If the American Psychiatric Association wanted to do some good in this world they'd classify religious belief as a mental disease and eradicate it.
    I suppose pointing out that if god didn't want it to happen he could have made impossible to work and since he did make it possible then surely it is part of this plan and maybe he wants coffee coloured peopl to take over the world is not an argument that would get anywhere. Or than china is not mentioned in the bible

Local Date
    09-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    I suppose pointing out that if god didn't want it to happen he could have made impossible to work and since he did make it possible then surely it is part of this plan and maybe he wants coffee coloured peopl to take over the world is not an argument that would get anywhere.
    Even the most cursory reading of the Bible shows that God doesn't care two hoots what happens, he's solely concerned with being obeyed. Instant and total conformity to instructions and you get by until the next time. One word misplaced and you're doomed.

I would so like someone to say I'm wrong so I can post a dozen examples in full Technicolor gore.

Or that china is not mentioned in the bible
    Thus saith the Lord, Go and get a potter's earthen bottle.

Oh. Sorry. Wrong china.

Local Date
    09-16-2019
    Local Time
    11:22 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Religion and politics should not be mentioned or mixed in together. In Canada we finally have the right to choose our own end. This whole issue is exactly what gives any faith a bad name. I do mean any faith. I do accept all faiths as legit for the particular location in which it is found.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast