+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 LastLast

Thread: The observation and asides thread

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    02:08 PM

Re: The observation and asides thread

Got home on Monday, about 19:00, after a long day of people phoning to say that their Electric supply was off (usually because they hadn't topped up). I had just made myself comfy & turned on my PC & then got hit by a Power Cut.

I called 105 (just as I would advise customers in similar situation) where a recorded message told me that there was a known issue & supply expected to be restored by 23:00. As it happened it only took another half hour, so good job done by them.

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

That's something I had never seen mentioned, I had no idea.

While looking it up after seeing your post I also saw "from landlines and mobiles only" as a footnote to various reserved dialing codes. I'm left wondering what alternatives there are.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/0...aining_aspire/

The Resister notes with dismay that had the present RAF training period applied to recruits enlisting in response to the Munich Crisis of 1938 they would still not have qualified for frontline deployment by the time World War 2 was finished, victory declared and Clem Atlee's post-war government elected. What on earth are they having to teach these would-be barnstormers nowadays? Remedial Etiquette? Reading?

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

It’s debatable whether Atwood would have ever returned to Gilead but for two things: the hit TV adaptation of her 1985 novel The Handmaid’s Tale, and that Donald Trump’s administration seems to be using the original as some sort of guidebook to run the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/bo...etween-sequels
    I enjoy paragraphs like that.

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    11:08 PM

I was totally gobsmacked last night during a video chat with someone who had reason to keep a photo of me when I was around twenty years old . I have a slight hole in time where there are no photos of myself ...last night I saw a sexy pretty young blonde with a figure that I would kill for these days ....................Oh youth where did you go?

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

A French company has been found liable for the death of an employee who had a cardiac arrest while having sex with a stranger on a business trip.

A Paris court ruled that his death was an industrial accident and that the family was entitled to compensation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49662134
    Bon sang !

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

Could someone outside the UK see whether the video at https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/watch/hor...istories-songs will play abroad? It's our children's TV website with, oddly enough given the accents, British actors.

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    07:08 AM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Could someone outside the UK see whether the video at https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/watch/hor...istories-songs will play abroad? It's our children's TV website with, oddly enough given the accents, British actors.
    "Sorry, CBBC games and videos can only be played if you are in the UK.
    You’re seeing this page because it looks like you’re outside the UK. If you are in the UK, please close your browser and try again. If that still doesn’t work there may be a problem with your internet connection."
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

Bah. Not what I needed at all then. Thank you.

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    09:08 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Never mind.
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>