Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Advice on eating and sleep please?

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    09:13 AM

Re: Advice on eating and sleep please?

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    No I'm afraid it's illegal and I'd lose my security and taxi license if that stuff was ever found in my system . Plus I hate the smell.
    Sorry to hear of your problem. I too have a sleeping problem, and doc gave me a script for a mild tranquilizer. I take it about 30 to 40 minutes before I go to bed. I then clear the racing thoughts in my mind, by saying: Go to sleep, Go to sleep, Go to sleep, and keep repeating that over and over again, not thinking of anything else, till I nod off. There are times I don't take the pill, just keep repeating the go to sleep thing, and I still nod off. So you can just concentrate on saying: Go to sleep, Go to sleep over and over again,until you nod off, it works for me, it can/may work for you.
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    02:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    thanks dad . It's my brain that is the problem. It races as soon as I try to relax. add tiredness t the mix and youv'e got yourself a cocktail of restless feet etc.
    It's a logic loop your brain goes in to. You can't get to sleep so you worry about not beinga able to get to sleep so as you drift off you are startled awake because your brain wants to worry about not being able to sleep. Not that I can profess any actrual expertise it's just my own personal experience.

It was an article I read that triggered the realisation - it's like waiting for santa claus you know he won't come until you go to sleep but you're too excited to go to sleep so tyou keep waking to see if he's been yet, except it's not as much fun. I managed to work out ways round it as per earlier posts. Biggest thing I found helped was actually going to bed rather than wait till I felt tired enough your brain likes routine..

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

It might depend on your choice of ingredients. This could be helpful...
    Ye shall not eat of anything that dieth of itself: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien.
    I was looking for something else but that caught my eye.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

Learn to meditate and empty your mind. Listen to Enigma.

Talk to someone.

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    07:13 AM

Something that helped me some years back, you might want to try.

When ready to go to bed, lay down, get comfy, lights out, and close your eyes,
    Then simply start to count your breaths.
    breath in, breath out, count, one, two, ...
    Now your mind will take off on something, as soon it does, and you see it happening, just go back an count again. Don't worry about how many breaths you counted, just start over at one, ... two,... etc,
    Each time you start off on something, stop and start to count.
    Don't sweat the distractions, don't sweat the count, just start over and go on.
    It takes a little time, but after a while, you can get all the way up to 4, or 5,.... maybe 6.
    again, don't sweat how many breaths you count, or how often you get distracted, just start over, breathe and count.

When my counselor first suggested it, I thought it silly. But it actually started working, I'd count, and get off track, start again, and somewhere along the way, I'd wake up a few hours later.

It's worth a try.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

Have you tried white noise and ear plugs?
    Sad Cannabis is illegal for you Mag.
    I use it nightly, and ear plugs, it turns my brain off and allows for a good sleep.

Also Chamomile is an option, as is Melatonin.

Doctors here happily perscribe anti-depressants, but they tell you, you have to wheen yourself onto and off of them.... NO THANK YOU
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

OK...When I have stress (and as a teacher that's pretty much every day!) I have the same problem you do, I go to bed and start running over the problem again and again like an engine that is runaway.

so I self-hypnotize: It's easy. "Counting Sheep" is self hypnotism. Just distract yourself from the thing you are thinking of and think of something else. I imagine my problem on a white board, then I tell myself, 'I can't do anything to change that right now or until tomorrow." then I imagine erasing the whiteboard and writing another topic.

Some dream I had that was fun before, some world or time I'd like to visit. You get it. then control your breathing.

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    11:13 PM

thank you from the bottom of my heart everyone. I will try some of these suggestions and keep a memory bank of others .....I seriously appreciate your advice.

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time

Quite by coincidence today in a bundle of ebooks sent to me by a friend was a book by Matthew Walker "Why We Sleep". I can't see any way of attaching it here but if you are interested in having a copy I could send it by email, let me know if you want it.

(Sorry I can't offer much by way of advice other than suggesting that Lavender is supposed to be soothing and helpful if sprayed in the room or the oil on a tissue which is placed at the top of your pillow, hope your sleep improves soon).

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    06:13 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by chocoholic View Post
    Quite by coincidence today in a bundle of ebooks sent to me by a friend was a book by Matthew Walker "Why We Sleep". I can't see any way of attaching it here but if you are interested in having a copy I could send it by email, let me know if you want it.

(Sorry I can't offer much by way of advice other than suggesting that Lavender is supposed to be soothing and helpful if sprayed in the room or the oil on a tissue which is placed at the top of your pillow, hope your sleep improves soon).

You can try Melatonin and try Ambein if you can get some from a doctor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast