Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    2 3.23%
  • NO

    46 74.19%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

    10 16.13%
  • OTHER

    4 6.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 322 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3216

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

  1. #3201
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,794
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    05:09 PM

    Post Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    You can make that assertion, but it's not true. God is very real and the Bible is His Word. Jesus was indeed God's Son and He was God in the Flesh. He created all things, knows all things, performed miracles, died and rose again. You call Him a liar, then you call Him a prophet. What kind of prophet do you think He is? He claimed to be God in the flesh and performed miracles to prove it. He fulfilled hundreds of prophecies. The Bible was written by the actual eyewitnesses to these events. He often referred people back to the Scriptures saying "Is it not written..."
    Proof is on my side, not yours. Your claim is shared by Charles Manson, David Koresh, Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite, Shoko Asahara, David Horowitz, Joseph Di Mambro, Mark Chapman, and many like them. "God entered my spirit and commanded me!" but not a shred of evidence did they offer.

    Am I saying that you are the same? No, I am not. The resemblance is in the philosophy alone. And to be clear, Jesus was not one of those either. He did not create the cult, those after him did.

  2. #3202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,112
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    11:09 AM

    Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    Proof is on my side, not yours. Your claim is shared by Charles Manson, David Koresh, Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite, Shoko Asahara, David Horowitz, Joseph Di Mambro, Mark Chapman, and many like them. "God entered my spirit and commanded me!" but not a shred of evidence did they offer.

    Am I saying that you are the same? No, I am not. The resemblance is in the philosophy alone. And to be clear, Jesus was not one of those either. He did not create the cult, those after him did.
    Wrong. Just because someone believes in God doesn't make them Doctrinally correct. I can't find the place where it says to murder people. Can you? Adolf Hitler was an evolutionist. So was Margret Sanger. NONE of the people that you just listed were following what God's Word, the Bible actually says to do. I don't think that any of them are Christians either. Jesus Christ offered evidence of who He was in the form of fulfilled prophecies, miracles, dying and rising from the dead. Had Jesus Christ NOT risen from the dead, then Christianity would have died out and He would have been exposed as a fraud. But He DID rise from the dead and Christianity exploded all over the world.

    You are characterizing Christ. I base my beliefs about Christ on the actual eyewitness accounts from His day and the secular accounts from His day and shortly after. What do you base your beliefs about Christ on?

  3. #3203
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,794
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    05:09 PM

    Post Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Wrong. Just because someone believes in God doesn't make them Doctrinally correct. Adolf Hitler was an evolutionist. So was Margret Sanger. NONE of the people that you just listed were following what God's Word, the Bible actually says to do. I don't think that any of them are Christians either. Jesus Christ offered evidence of who He was in the form of fulfilled prophecies, miracles, dying and rising from the dead. Had Jesus Christ NOT risen from the dead, then Christianity would have died out and He would have been exposed as a fraud. But He DID rise from the dead and Christianity exploded all over the world.

    You are characterizing Christ. I base my beliefs about Christ on the actual eyewitness accounts from His day and the secular accounts from His day and shortly after. What do you base your beliefs about Christ on?
    Speak unto the Lord with facts, please.
    "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" is based upon actual eyewitness accounts. The Bible, on the other hand, is a book of mythology like "Jason and the Argonauts" and "Hercules vs. the Cyclops" where although both Jason and Hercules were historical figures the deeds portrayed in these stories, however, are meer fantasy.

  4. #3204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,112
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    11:09 AM

    Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    Speak unto the Lord with facts, please.
    "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" is based upon actual eyewitness accounts. The Bible, on the other hand, is a book of mythology like "Jason and the Argonauts" and "Hercules vs. the Cyclops" where although both Jason and Hercules were historical figures the deeds portrayed in these stories, however, are meer fantasy.
    The Bible is written by the actual eyewitnesses to the events. That was a main criteria for the New Testament books being included in the canon. It also had to be written by an Apostle or an associate of an Apostle. The only exceptions are James and Jude who were actual half brothers of Jesus Christ Himself. Secular Historians also wrote of Christ from His day and shortly thereafter and the Bible lines up with what they say also.

  5. #3205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,112
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    11:09 AM

    Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Please take the time to read this first post and vote in the poll if you haven't yet.

  6. #3206
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,794
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    05:09 PM

    Post Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    The Bible is written by the actual eyewitnesses to the events. That was a main criteria for the New Testament books being included in the canon. It also had to be written by an Apostle or an associate of an Apostle. The only exceptions are James and Jude who were actual half brothers of Jesus Christ Himself. Secular Historians also wrote of Christ from His day and shortly thereafter and the Bible lines up with what they say also.
    It's all based on hocus-pokus and superstition.

    My grandmother was eyewitness to horse hair in water turning into snakes, rice turning into magots, and hot water freezing faster.

    Tania Head was also an eyewitness to the 9/11 attack:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/27/n...7survivor.html

    There are lots of "true stories" foating about:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hoaxes

  7. #3207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,112
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    11:09 AM

    Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    It's all based on hocus-pokus and superstition.

    My grandmother was eyewitness to horse hair in water turning into snakes, rice turning into magots, and hot water freezing faster.

    Tania Head was also an eyewitness to the 9/11 attack:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/27/n...7survivor.html

    There are lots of "true stories" foating about:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hoaxes
    No, it's based on Faith, but is backed up by the Facts and Evidence.

    If thousands saw the same thing as your Grandmother, then I would say that there is most likely something truly happening there. Christianity isn't based on some experience by one person. Flawed argument on your part.

  8. #3208
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,794
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    05:09 PM

    Post Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    No, it's based on Faith, but is backed up by the Facts and Evidence.
    Yes, your belief is based on Faith, I agree. The same Faith that Mrs Clinton had when her husband said "I did not have sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky" and the same Faith that Americans had when their government said there were WMD's in Irak based on "Facts of Evidence" faked by the CIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    If thousands saw the same thing as your Grandmother, then I would say that there is most likely something truly happening there. Christianity isn't based on some experience by one person.
    My assumption has been that no matter how much we might disagree (you and I) that at least you would be honest. But if you are claiming that "thousands witnessed" miracles of Christ then I must reconsider the level of your honesty. That is very bad for an earnest exchange of thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Flawed argument on your part.
    Your argument is now on the thiniest of ice and is in danger of being cut short.

  9. #3209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,112
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    11:09 AM

    Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    Yes, your belief is based on Faith, I agree. The same Faith that Mrs Clinton had when her husband said "I did not have sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky" and the same Faith that Americans had when their government said there were WMD's in Irak based on "Facts of Evidence" faked by the CIA.

    My assumption has been that no matter how much we might disagree (you and I) that at least you would be honest. But if you are claiming that "thousands witnessed" miracles of Christ then I must reconsider the level of your honesty. That is very bad for an earnest exchange of thoughts.

    Your argument is now on the thiniest of ice and is in danger of being cut short.
    So is your belief based on faith. But mine is ALSO backed up by the actual evidence, yours is not. Christianity is not blind faith, it's faith that is confirmed by the evidence. Thousands witnessed the miracles of Christ yes. Crowds of people followed Him everywhere He went hoping to see miracles and coming to Him for healing. Even King Herod heard of His miracles and was hoping to see Him perform one when they were trying Him. Jesus didn't give Herod a miracle. Nothing thin about what I believe. It's all logical. How could someone perform all these miracles and NOT have thousands of people following Him? It's also recorded by the eyewitnesses in the Bible so you can believe them or call them a liar. The feeding of the 5,000 with 5 loaves and 2 fish is just one miracle. They also had several baskets full afterward. Mt 16:9 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?

  10. #3210
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,794
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    05:09 PM

    Post Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    So is your belief based on faith.
    No, my belief is not based upon faith. I believe in two things:
    1 Fact
    2 Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    But mine is ALSO backed up by the actual evidence, yours is not.
    Christianity is based upon hocus-pocus and ancient superstition.

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Thousands witnessed the miracles of Christ yes. Crowds of people followed Him everywhere He went hoping to see miracles and coming to Him for healing. Even King Herod heard of His miracles and was hoping to see Him perform one when they were trying Him. Jesus didn't give Herod a miracle. Nothing thin about what I believe. It's all logical. How could someone perform all these miracles and NOT have thousands of people following Him?
    Not true. It is false narrative.

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    It's also recorded by the eyewitnesses in the Bible so you can believe them or call them a liar.
    No, the ones who wrote the Bible are liars. Jesus did not write the bible. He didn't tell such crazy stories.

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    The feeding of the 5,000 with 5 loaves and 2 fish is just one miracle. They also had several baskets full afterward. Mt 16:9 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?
    It never happened. He didn't perform any miracles. He didn't write the bible.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Tell Me There's A Heaven
    By jones jones in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 04:40 AM
  2. Will anybody be in heaven because of you?
    By minks in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 07:56 AM
  3. Heaven
    By observer1 in forum General Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 09:58 AM
  4. Heaven
    By valerie in forum The Pets In Our Lives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 08:39 PM
  5. Just like Heaven
    By jennyswan in forum Films & Cinema Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 03:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts