Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Philosophy of Pooh

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    06:12 PM

The Philosophy of Pooh

I have to put on another 10 min Presentation next week on someone who has influenced me.

Rather than the obvious choices I have selected Winnie the Pooh as my character of choice.

Reasons:
    A Light Hearted Subject.
    A Character Familiar to All.
    Pooh Has a Deeper Philosophy of Life.
    Innocent & Logical Thought.
    Interaction with Mental Health (Eeyore is clearly a Manic Depressive).

I would intend to open with an image of A. A. Milne as the character who has influenced me, but then move on to his creation of Pooh, as the REAL character.

I plan to incorporate some of the following Pooh-isms:

"It's best to know what you are looking for before you look for it".
    "You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."
    "It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like “What about lunch?"
    "A good reason for going to see everybody is because it’s Thursday."
    "Some people care too much. I think it’s called love."
    "Do a good thing to do without thinking about it."
    "When you get a sinking feeling, don’t worry, it’s probably because you’re hungry."
    "Don't be late for whatever you want to be in time for."
    "If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
    "The most important thing is, even if we’re apart, I’ll always be with you"
    "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day."

Can you come up with some suggestions on this subject that I could incorporate.
    I've put together a few images of Pooh & his friends for a PowerPoint presentation. If you have any suggested images, by all means include them.

The presentation is as part of an Assessment for a position of Trainer dealing with Gas & Electricity (Smart Metering) Customer Service Advisors.

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    11:12 AM

Re: The Philosophy of Pooh

What a great idea

My favorite Pooh saying:
    Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    What a great idea

My favorite Pooh saying:
    Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
    On the walls of the Break Rooms at work there is the quote 'A Yawn Is A Silent Scream For Coffee'. I intend to open my PowerPoint Presentation with a photo of this & relate it to the Pooh-ism 'When you get a sinking feeling, don’t worry, it’s probably because you’re hungry'. I also think the one 'If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear' is perfect to encourage Customer Service Advisors to be more tolerant of some of the more ignorant customers we get calling.

You see, although I intend it to be light hearted I also want it to be relevant to the job, as well as to the more serious matters, such as how Pooh is very understanding towards matters of Mental Health & not talking down to people, but to listen to them & try to understand where they're coming from. He is humble (a Bear of very little brain) and more than anything else wants to make others happy.

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

I like this, here's my favourite Pooh quote -

This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever. In its place is something that you have left behind. Let it be something good.”

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

Just got back from the bathroom after honking all that cloying sweetness and sentimentality .

Still , lifting wholesale from the internet does have a huge time and effort advantage .

Cannot see anything about the time when his smothered grunts translated into ---- that

Tigger is truly a Mother F***er .

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Just got back from the bathroom after honking all that cloying sweetness and sentimentality .

Still , lifting wholesale from the internet does have a huge time and effort advantage .

Cannot see anything about the time when his smothered grunts translated into ---- that

Tigger is truly a Mother F***er .
    You just don’t know when to stop digging do you, goodbye.

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    11:12 AM

Whoops. And I barely got to know Raphael...but that seems to be for the best. As for Four part - What a wonderful idea! Despite Raphael's negativity, I love Tigger's energy! (He's my mascot) I'll definitely figure out how to upload some stuff later today!

Good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tigger-violin-01.gif
Views:	0
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	42273   Click image for larger version

Name:	tigger-painter-05.gif
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	42274   Click image for larger version

Name:	tigger-candycane-01.gif
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	42275  

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    I plan to incorporate some of the following Pooh-isms:
    I have a slight note of caution. I've no idea where your list came from but I guarantee A A Milne never wrote one line of what you've got there. What is a Pooh-ism, if it's not a quote from one of the five Pooh books? It may be that they're easier to incorporate in your ten minutes in which case they're fine, but try not to refer to them as quotes.

Raphael's gone now, I hope you can put that rubbish disturbance behind you.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread