Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 125 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1243

Thread: Will President Trump run for a second term?

Local Date
    07-23-2019
    Local Time
    04:24 AM

Re: Will President Trump run for a second term?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...xoCu4P_6L0VA1k “Our goal is to move these Americans from dependence to independence, and into a good-paying job and rewarding career.” yet He refuses to raise the minimum wage .....so where is the good paying jobs? What's his definition of a rewarding career?

Local Date
    07-22-2019
    Local Time
    11:24 AM

I do not put any faith in that drip. Probably will run again and those who voted him in the first time will likely do so a second time.

Local Date
    07-22-2019
    Local Time
    07:24 PM

The attempts at character assassination are constant but this today is a new low even for the Guardian. President Trump tweeted (and this is the first tweet ever I've quoted on this site):
    Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

For all of the money we are spending, NASA should NOT be talking about going to the Moon - We did that 50 years ago. They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part), Defense and Science!
    June 7, 2019

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ars-tweet-nasa

The Guardian's interpretation? "Trump’s declaration shocked many space enthusiasts, because the moon has not traditionally been regarded as part of Mars."

It's a tweet. The meaning is clear to anyone - the focus of public discussion should be larger than just the 2024 moon return, the integrated strategy which NASA has been tasked with includes a permanent US Mars presence for which establishing a US moonbase from 2024 is a necessary stage. It's abbreviated because it's a tweet but the idea that the President thinks the moon is a part of Mars is just abusive. He says their current mission includes creating a Mars base (of which the Moon build-up is a part), and he threw in a sop to the Pentagon to keep his unemployable Rottweilers from barking.

Things would be so much nicer if people stayed reasonable instead of trying to score points with cheap jokes.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    07-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:24 PM

Truck Fump
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    07-22-2019
    Local Time
    02:24 PM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    The attempts at character assassination are constant but this today is a new low even for the Guardian. President Trump tweeted (and this is the first tweet ever I've quoted on this site):
    Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

For all of the money we are spending, NASA should NOT be talking about going to the Moon - We did that 50 years ago. They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part), Defense and Science!
    June 7, 2019

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ars-tweet-nasa

The Guardian's interpretation? "Trump’s declaration shocked many space enthusiasts, because the moon has not traditionally been regarded as part of Mars."

It's a tweet. The meaning is clear to anyone - the focus of public discussion should be larger than just the 2024 moon return, the integrated strategy which NASA has been tasked with includes a permanent US Mars presence for which establishing a US moonbase from 2024 is a necessary stage. It's abbreviated because it's a tweet but the idea that the President thinks the moon is a part of Mars is just abusive. He says their current mission includes creating a Mars base (of which the Moon build-up is a part), and he threw in a sop to the Pentagon to keep his unemployable Rottweilers from barking.

Things would be so much nicer if people stayed reasonable instead of trying to score points with cheap jokes.
    Most people see this the same way you do, which is one of the several ways the dems and media lend credence to Trump's "fake news" mantra.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    07-22-2019
    Local Time

Trump is, to say the least, an imbecile of the highest order.
    But it is necessary to remember that he did not get where he is all by his lonesome.

The incessant chattering of the press only serves to distract from the antics of the political schemers on both sides of the aisle.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

Premium Member
    Local Date
    07-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Trump is, to say the least, an imbecile of the highest order.
    Assuming the context is political, how are you defining "imbecile"?
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    07-22-2019
    Local Time
    07:24 PM

The author of the opinion piece - Adam Gabbatt @ adamgabbatt New York - should be embarrassed at what he wrote. And dropped by the Guardian too. It's what you'd expect from a witless aren't-I-funny ********, not a reporter.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    07-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Assuming the context is political, how are you defining "imbecile"?
    We can keep it simple, and go with Merriam-Webster

Or we can expand on the concept:
    Synonyms & Antonyms for imbecile
    Synonyms

airhead, birdbrain, blockhead, bonehead, bubblehead, chowderhead, chucklehead, clodpoll (or clodpole), clot [British], cluck, clunk, cretin, cuddy (or cuddie) [British dialect], deadhead, dim bulb [slang], dimwit, dip, dodo, dolt, donkey, doofus [slang], dope, dork [slang], dullard, dum-dum, dumbbell, dumbhead, dummkopf, dummy, dunce, dunderhead, fathead, gander, golem, goof, goon, half-wit, hammerhead, hardhead, idiot, ignoramus, jackass, know-nothing, knucklehead, lamebrain, loggerhead [chiefly dialect], loon, lump, lunkhead, meathead, mome [archaic], moron, mug [chiefly British], mutt, natural, nimrod [slang], nincompoop, ninny, ninnyhammer, nit [chiefly British], nitwit, noddy, noodle, numskull (or numbskull), oaf, pinhead, prat [British], ratbag [chiefly Australian], saphead, schlub (also shlub) [slang], schnook [slang], simpleton, stock, stupe, stupid, thickhead, turkey, woodenhead, yahoo, yo-yo

Antonyms

brain, genius

Premium Member
    Local Date
    07-22-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I know the definition of the word, I was hoping for some specific examples in a political context to justify it. I would apply imbecile to anyone (including this president as well as any) who'd agree that capitalism has proven to have any basis in social or economic equality.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 125 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast