Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewish by birth only.

carolley

Jewish by birth only.

My mother was jewish.......my father was, well dont know as I never knew who he was. I was a "mistake" and ih boy that was bad 50 odd years ago when your mother came from quite a strict jewish home. I was fostered out till i was 6 due to the fact her sister wouldnt allow me in the home.Anyway what I want to say is this. I believe in God but no matter what way Ive gone in my life Ive come to realise that being Jewish by birth means to me that theres something inside me that will always be Jewish no matter what road I have been on in my years and what lays ahead.

carolley

Jewish by birth only.

My mother was jewish.......my father was, well dont know as I never knew who he was. I was a "mistake" and oh boy that was bad 50 odd years ago when your mother came from quite a strict jewish home. I was fostered out till i was 6 due to the fact her sister wouldnt allow me in the home.Anyway what I want to say is this. I believe in God but no matter what way Ive gone in my life Ive come to realise that being Jewish by birth means to me that theres something inside me that will always be Jewish no matter what road I have been on in my years and what lays ahead.

jesse b

Re: Jewish by birth only.

Quote Originally Posted by carolley View Post
    My mother was jewish.......my father was, well dont know as I never knew who he was. I was a "mistake" and ih boy that was bad 50 odd years ago when your mother came from quite a strict jewish home. I was fostered out till i was 6 due to the fact her sister wouldnt allow me in the home.Anyway what I want to say is this. I believe in God but no matter what way Ive gone in my life Ive come to realise that being Jewish by birth means to me that theres something inside me that will always be Jewish no matter what road I have been on in my years and what lays ahead.
    allways goy on with jewish people found out my great gran was jewish a little wile ago

Local Date
    01-22-2020
    Local Time
    09:18 PM

carolley even tho ime your partner ime still amazed at how our lives are soooo parrallel,when we met it was a few days before we knew each was from a jewish background(altho i confess i recignised your jewishness emediatly and said so) perhaps when we are as one we will put both our half jews together and make a full jew!hoy gavelt!!

Diuretic

My meagre understanding of Judaism tells me that while the conventional view is that you're Jewish if your mother was Jewish there are some schools of thought that disagree with that. And of course there are different views on conversion as well. In the long run none of that matters. What does matter is exactly what you've pointed out, it's how you feel inside that matters and that's that.

Diuretic

Quote Originally Posted by jesse b View Post
    allways goy on with jewish people found out my great gran was jewish a little wile ago
    Isn't it amazing how a typo can be so appropriate?

Speaking as a goy, I don't find the term offensive, just wanted to make that clear.

My paternal grandmother was Jewish but for some reason it wasn't spoken about

Local Date
    01-22-2020
    Local Time
    02:18 PM

Hello Chris. I say embrace it with all that you are. It is a part of you that does not deserve to be denied.

Local Date
    01-22-2020
    Local Time
    05:18 PM

Groucho Marx tried to join a men's athletic club in the 1940s, but he was refused a membership because he was Jewish.

He then asked them if his son could join, and wade in the swimming pool up to his waist, as he was only half Jewish.

Diuretic

carolley

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diuretic View Post
    Isn't it amazing how a typo can be so appropriate?

Speaking as a goy, I don't find the term offensive, just wanted to make that clear.

My paternal grandmother was Jewish but for some reason it wasn't spoken about
    Thankyou Diuretic for your comments

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast