+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Neoliberalism's Dark Path to Fascism

Local Date
    09-15-2019
    Local Time
    10:11 PM

Re: Neoliberalism's Dark Path to Fascism

Well, I think you've just explained the corruption entirely adequately. No need for more sinister or complex ideas. Apart from anything else we are talking Grayling and he really is not the brightest candle in the packet.

Ever heard of Occam's Razor? It's a very useful guide in certain situations: If you have a set of possible explanations for something, the simplest is most likely the right one or damn near it. Why it is called a Razor I have no idea. (and having had a very quick wiki I'm surprised to see that it is believed to originate with an English Friar called William of Ockham in the C13th!) What you are doing is adding several assumptions to suggest something deeper when the simple explanation is what you stated first. No more is needed

I might email my MP and ask him about it since he's a hardline brexiter and an ERG member. Um. Actually, he never replied to my questions about Arron Banks and the illegal extra money and the Russian connections via companies on the Isle of Man. I'll think about it. I may need to send a nice email to get him responding again...
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Local Date
    09-15-2019
    Local Time
    11:11 PM

The thing is in Politics precedent has shown that the idea of a diversion generally IS the simplest & most likely solution. For example, the "Stupid Woman" issue also nicely concealed a load more NHS Cuts rolled out at exactly the same time.

Local Date
    09-15-2019
    Local Time

Well, that's a fairly well known Parliamentary tactic. In this case it looks to me that Grayling hoped to just slide his scheme through unnoticed as part of the justifiable Brexit preparations. He IS well known as a complete wally. And on the face of it, it does seem reasonable to be hiring companies to ferry in goods in the event of no deal. I think my suspicion is that he's the idiot who got caught and that others have done similar but more subtly and haven't been caught.

I hope the relevant Select Committee has a look at this. Pull him in and roast him - assuming the Guardian is right. If this is proven it's really, really bad and he could be expelled from Parliament...

Local Date
    09-15-2019
    Local Time
    11:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    I hope the relevant Select Committee has a look at this. Pull him in and roast him - assuming the Guardian is right. If this is proven it's really, really bad and he could be expelled from Parliament...
    It's verifiable from a number of independant sources. I even checked it out on the Companies House website.

Additional breakings...

https://www.channel4.com/news/exclus...q6UFcTTZ0TpAWA

Local Date
    09-15-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    They've just brazened it out and it has disappeared in today's vote on May's deal. Just another bit of tory Brexit corruption. Shrug. Who cares if a couple more tories get rich from Brexit. It was the real point of it after all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2