Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1161

Thread: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

Local Date
    02-17-2019
    Local Time
    05:23 PM

Re: "The Friendly Café - Open for chinwaggin'

Quote Originally Posted by cars View Post
    Sorry for your furry family member loss Lars, it hurts just as much.
    Thank you.
    It does. When we return from an outing, I still look at the door to see if she is there looking out for us through the glass. And at the grocery, I still go down the pet aisle to pick up a pack of Pupperonis.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    02-18-2019
    Local Time
    12:23 AM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Thank you.
    It does. When we return from an outing, I still look at the door to see if she is there looking out for us through the glass. And at the grocery, I still go down the pet aisle to pick up a pack of Pupperonis.
    I expect these things will ease off in a while, Lars. It is like loosing a member of the family I know. We are on our sixth dog, five of them 'rescue dogs' and we have cried buckets over five, and I'm sure we will cry buckets over Jessica our latest dog family member when she does eventually go over the 'rainbow bridge'. I have a smile sometimes when I imagine all our lovely dogs finding each other then greeting our lovely Jessie. Gawd what a pack of mischief they will be!
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    02-18-2019
    Local Time

Evenin' each ! FG is very serious isn't it? I think we need a little light refreshment don't you ? I did resurrect 'Weird and Whacky' thread and made it a Part 2 ! Hopefully some of you will pop in and have a smile, or maybe not ! I suppose it depends on your frame of mind dunnit? Life is far too bl***y miserable and serious and, yes I know, there is very little to smile at really, but we should smile more often, life's too short to have the weight of the world on your shoulders innit?

Goo on have a quick peak at the 'Weird And Whacky Part 2' thread, I've tried to put a few interesting posts on their for your delectation !

Any way I'm going through a bit of a dark patch at the moment, so I've tried to ease my mood and make myself smile a little. LOL

Complaint to the boss - what's happening about those flamin' smilies etc. please?

Local Date
    02-17-2019
    Local Time

Good to see you around, Gill, I always look forward to your posts.

Our latest adventure is Cataracts
    The Mrs has them, and we are in the process of getting them removed.
    First eye was last week. Next one a week on.
    All the eye drops! four times a day.

I'm still working and preparing for our first major road trip (postponed, yet again.)
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    02-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    Life is far too bl***y miserable and serious
    Well, that sounds like a good idea to me! always look on the bright side is my motto. For example, I recently hurt my back making it difficult for me to stand up...on the bright side, I can do my job mostly sitting!

I find it hilarious as well that the filters won't allow "bloody," which to Americans has almost no connotation at all other than a "quaint British exclamation." It would be about as offensive as saying "Jeepers" would be to you.

Local Date
    02-18-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    Well, that sounds like a good idea to me! always look on the bright side is my motto. For example, I recently hurt my back making it difficult for me to stand up...on the bright side, I can do my job mostly sitting!

I find it hilarious as well that the filters won't allow "bloody," which to Americans has almost no connotation at all other than a "quaint British exclamation." It would be about as offensive as saying "Jeepers" would be to you.
    What cracks me up, Saint, is the word arsehole ! When you write it like Americans etc. say it like "mulehole" you get a wonderful '*******' typed !

Many years ago, my husband was in the Royal Navy and they made a courtesy call to America. The lads all got some shore leave so some of them went to the pictures (oops, movies).. The film they were showing at that time was a British film about WWII, involving Royal Navy ships and German aircraft attacking British sailors, their ship having been sunk, trying to stay alive in a ship's lifeboat. For the life of me I can't remember the title of the film ! It may have been "The Sea Shall Not Have Them".

Part way through this rather tense film, the lifeboat with occupants was strafed by a German plane, and as it circled to do another pass, the Chief Petty Officer stood up, shook his fist at the German plane and shouted "You infernal blackguard (blaggard)". My hubby and his naval friend just cracked up laughing, much to the amazement of the rest of the audience. The film was edge-of-the-seat stuff. You see my hubby and his friend had both seen the film before back in England, and the American film censors must have insisted (for the American audience) that "You bloody bastard " should be replaced ! Can anybody imagine a British Chief Petty Officer saying angrily, "You infernal blaggard !" ????? I bet in real life the expletives were a lot worse than those in the original British version ! LOL

Local Date
    02-18-2019
    Local Time

As it's Valentine's Day 14 February, I would like to send my dear hubby a special Valentine's Day message............................He is my best friend, my rock, my soul mate, and we're nearly at our 56 wedding anniversary ! We're certainly aiming to celebrate our DIAMOND wedding in 2023 !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbi7DX7tRj4

H A P P Y V A L E N T I N E ' S D A Y ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Local Date
    02-18-2019
    Local Time

By the way, I tried to design a better layout BUT the buggers won't let me have spaces if I use the capital key, I can't use any of the facilities above this box, like centre, block letters, italics, colours, smilies, etc. etc. et bloody cetera !

Local Date
    02-18-2019
    Local Time

What the heck is happening to this country. Our local daily paper had banner front page headlines today.......................................

"WE NEED MEDICAL KITS ON CITY STREETS FOR STAB VICTIMS" This comes from top Nottingham surgeon Adam Brooks, clinical director of the East Midlands Major Trauma Centre. It is quite correct that a victim of a stab wound could bleed to death in a matter of minutes, while waiting for an ambulance.

What a shocking indictment of the ever-sinking civilisation of human beings. I doubt that it will get any better, till this pathetic government finance an awful lot more police officers. It's no wonder I avoid going into our local city, even in daytime ! Nottingham used to have the dubious nickname of 'Gun City', now it has become 'Stab City'. There is something particularly barbaric about somebody stabbing another person, something much more personal than shooting. Exceedingly traumatic, and terribly frightening for the future.

Local Date
    02-17-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    Exceedingly traumatic, and terribly frightening for the future.
    I agree. Looks like I'll have take up fencing and wear a sword in the future. Well that's progress for ya!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 LastLast