Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I’ve Got Gas!

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    12:20 AM

I’ve Got Gas!

Yesterday I went looking for gas of my car. First, I went to my regular station and found that Exxon Supreme was $3.89 a gallon, the day before it was $3.79. I was annoyed so I said the heck with this and went on my errands when I passed another Exxon station, what’s up with this, Supreme was $3.99 a gallon.

No way am I giving them $3.99 a gallon. By now, you may have figured out that I drive a car that requires high-octane gas and I probably shouldn’t be worrying about $.10 a gallon, but hey, it’s the principle of the thing.

In any case, seeing the $3.99 just ticked me off. Now I was on a quest, I have $3.89 in my pocket so what have I got to lose, other than wasting gas looking for cheaper gas, but there was one more Exxon station that was on my way so why not give it a shot?

Victory! The next station sold Exxon Supreme for $3.79…fill er up! Given I had to put 16 gallons in the car, I saved a whopping $3.20, almost a gallon for free…less what I used driving from station to station of course, but like I said it is the principle of the thing after all.

Makes you wonder doesn’t it. Three stations within the same town and not more than a mile and half apart and yet a twenty cent a gallon difference. Apparently, it is not the oil companies that are ripping us off, the local station guy has a piece of the pie as well.

I’m not one of those individuals who will sit in line at a discount station running my engine for twenty minutes to save ten cents a gallon, but twenty cents and no wait, what a deal!
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty.

Quinnscommentary Blog

I think, therefore I post chonsigirl's Avatar
    Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    11:20 PM

Re: I’ve Got Gas!

Check the station's prices online first, then you won't have to waste any gas driving around for a bargain.

Thursday is the mini-mini price wars here, I know it and wait for it. (it is mini-mini, because it certainly is not like the old days-and no green stamps too!) I got gas for $3.49, which is the cheapest I've seen it in awhile. Of course it is back up with a holiday weekend. But I will watch online next Thursday when it is time to fill up the tank.

San Diego, California (Native born and raised)
    Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    09:20 PM

Arrow Re: I’ve Got Gas!

$3.79 for 87Octane here yesterday. There is no CHEAP Gas in San Diego.
    ALOHA!!
    MOTTO TO LIVE BY:
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
    WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Supporting Member along-for-the-ride's Avatar
    Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    11:20 PM

Re: I’ve Got Gas!

Register to remove this ad.
    The sudden price changes from AM to PM on the same day are most annoying.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	aftr picket sign.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	22682   Click image for larger version

Name:	life.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	22683  
    Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

+ Reply to Thread