Thread: Linda Bellingham

Local Date
    06-07-2020
    Local Time
    05:02 AM

Linda Bellingham

You have to admire her.
    Oxo mother link

The actress Lynda Bellingham has revealed she has just weeks to live after choosing to end her chemotherapy treatment.

Ms Bellingham, best known as the mother from the Oxo television adverts, has been battling colon cancer since July 2013.

It has spread to her lungs and liver and Ms Bellingham, who married Michael Pattemore in 2008, has opted to end the treatment in November.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    06-07-2020
    Local Time
    05:02 AM

Re: Linda Bellingham

Always a lovely bubbly lady, yes I do admire her and her courage.
    I wish her a Merry Christmas and hope that she may well last longer than she hopes. but only as long as she's not lost too much quality of life.

Banned
    Local Date
    06-07-2020
    Local Time
    04:02 AM

Re: Linda Bellingham

Register to remove this ad.
    I was reading about Linda Bellingham last night with such sadness. I always really liked her.

I will always remember that one Oxo advert where she purred across the dinner table and said ' And Michael, remember Preston? '.

She was a good actress also.

Chemo for aggressive cancer Is soul destroying. My Sister said If she knew what It would do to her, she'd never have had It and let her children see her In that condition.

It's hard for anyone to judge unless you have ever been In that position. Very often out come the hand wringers and do gooder's preaching this and that.
    Only yesterday, my husband encountered another round of It. Being questioned by a virtual stranger why he's smoking In his condition. He knows his prognosis, he knows there Is bugger all that can be done so as he said, why spend the last year of your life stressed out trying to quit your 10 ciggs a day just to get another another few weeks and a few weeks that will most likely be spent In hospital.
    People mean well, but we just wish they'd wind their necks In... It's up to the patient.
    You get people who say they are giving up... as I said, until you've been there, no-one can possibly Imagine.

I hope Linda gets her Christmas. I think she will, determination could make her see It...

+ Reply to Thread