Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bass ackwards

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time
    06:10 PM

Bass ackwards

I think the liberals got this whole abortion thing wrong. But, that's not surprising. In my opinion, we should allow every child to be born. If it's born with an obvious defect, abort it. If, by the age of 5 years it is physically and mentally up to snuff, fine, go on to the next phase. If not, abort it. If it reaches puberty, is still mentally and physically ok, go to the next phase. If he/she gets sick or injured, or just causes too much trouble as judged by the authorities, abort it. If he/she reaches adulthood with no physical, mental or legal problems, fine. Otherwise, abort it.
    Through adulthood, one's record would be reviewed in 5 year intervals, unless something happened in between.
    The threat of being aborted at any time, and doing so for infractions or just bad luck, would reduce crime considerably, reduce medical costs and eliminate idlers and ner' do wells, but give each child a chance.

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time

Re: Bass ackwards

Seriously, about 6. I didn't write that in all seriousness though. I just think that, if your gonna kill a kid, don't do it for convenience or because it's the woman's right to choose or some bullcrappy answer like that.

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time
    07:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
    I think the liberals got this whole abortion thing wrong. But, that's not surprising. In my opinion, we should allow every child to be born. If it's born with an obvious defect, abort it. If, by the age of 5 years it is physically and mentally up to snuff, fine, go on to the next phase. If not, abort it. If it reaches puberty, is still mentally and physically ok, go to the next phase. If he/she gets sick or injured, or just causes too much trouble as judged by the authorities, abort it. If he/she reaches adulthood with no physical, mental or legal problems, fine. Otherwise, abort it.
    Through adulthood, one's record would be reviewed in 5 year intervals, unless something happened in between.
    The threat of being aborted at any time, and doing so for infractions or just bad luck, would reduce crime considerably, reduce medical costs and eliminate idlers and ner' do wells, but give each child a chance.
    You sound like you follow the old Eskimo philosophy, when useless, set them afloat on an iceberg, but that doesn't work any longer, no icebergs.

I have a better idea, you need a license to get married, drive a car, or be a doctor so people should need a license to have children (and vote).

That should cut down on the number of children by 90% wanted or not. Who the heck could pass any test to be a good parent?
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty.

Quinnscommentary Blog

Local Date
    04-06-2020
    Local Time
    12:10 AM

Supporting Member along-for-the-ride's Avatar
    Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time

What about having "responsible sex"? Like being particular with whom we have sex.............Like remembering that sex sometimes results in babies, then children. Like there are sexually transmitted diseases out there.

How about...........abstinance or birth control?

Instead of "fixing" a problem, prevent it.
    Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Local Date
    04-05-2020
    Local Time
    04:10 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Oh God, not this issue again.
    As long as there are humans, abortion will remain a necessary evil. It's foolish to think otherwise. I won't even dignify that crap about pegging women. As long as we carry it, we should have the right to abort it.

+ Reply to Thread