Local Date
    07-20-2019
    Local Time
    02:34 AM

Angry Dealerships

Four weeks ago i bought a car that was 16 month old, i found that the
    left hand indicators only worked now & again, so i put it in to my local
    Vauxhall dealer for a service and asked them to have a look at the
    indicators as there was still 18 months left on the 3 year warranty.
    The car went in on the Tuesday and they fixed the problem, they said
    it was a relay problem.
    On Thursday i travelled to Blackpool to a funeral in it and the heavens
    opened and water started pouring into the lefthand footwell, coming in from
    under the dashboard.
    I phoned the dealers and they booked me in for Thursday, ( a six day wait! )
    the car went in and they fixed the problem,
    the lad next door to me who works there told me thay'd left the lid off the relay box, so when rain went in it flooded into the car.
    Me and Ian went in on Friday to ask what they had found,
    and they said that a seal had eroded under the battery, so they'd replaced the seal.
    I told them i was'nt happy with that explanation, the car had been perfectly dry before they'd had it and so i felt it was something that had happened while it was with them.
    I had gone without my car for a day, had to throw away a new mat and the water had stained the carpet.
    The service consultant told me the sevice manager would call me Monday morning, its 2pm monday and as yet has'nt called.
    So come on guys, what would you all do if you was me?

PS..Sorry admin, i've put it in the wrong forum

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time
    08:34 PM

Re: Dealerships

First, chuck the Vauxhall and get a Ford, or one of those Polish cars I remember there.

Barring that, go stomp on the manager's desk. Car dealers are used to pissed off people, so you'll have to be unrelenting. Demand to see the damaged parts as well. That could tell you alot. Oh, since most dealers are also chauvenists (sp) bring a large friend to stand menacingly with his arms crossed.

If both of the normal human car dealers are subscribed here, know that I wasn't talking about you, you exceptions that prove the rule.

flopstock

She will be told the part has been trashed already. Prove differently. and she doesn't want the neighbor to suffer here, so what can she say?

and was that the yugo

Local Date
    07-20-2019
    Local Time
    01:34 AM

get on at them and dont give up

my other half and i have had a conservatory put up recently and are having a NIGHTMARE with the company (full details will posted to make sure everyone avoids them!) the guy who owns it is rude and is basically blaming us when he has in fact broken two trades descriptions laws and we could more than easily sue them!

phone for the manager and literally say you arent hanging up until you talk to him
    life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! im engaged!! i have a fiance!!

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time

I'd assumed you bought it from the dealership, Abbey. Is that right?

And the Yugo was sold in the US. In the UK they had this little go-kart made of aluminum - sorry - aluminium foil. The running joke was What do you call its rear window defroster? Handwarmer.

Local Date
    07-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by flopstock
    She will be told the part has been trashed already. Prove differently. and she doesn't want the neighbor to suffer here, so what can she say?

and was that the yugo
    Was what the yugo Flop?
    And yes you're right, my biggest problem is not being able to quote
    my neighbour.
    The biggest bonus is, Ian served his apprenticeship with Vauxhall so he
    knows they're talking through their bums.

Local Date
    07-20-2019
    Local Time

regardless of the conversation that took place with your neighbour i think its fairly obvious they made a balls up!

let them try and wriggle their way out of it....

and if you have someone who knows the industry then all the better, perhaps let ian do most the talking?? hell be able to tie them in knots......

definitely hound them tho, dont let em get away with anything
    life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! im engaged!! i have a fiance!!

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

Local Date
    07-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable
    I'd assumed you bought it from the dealership, Abbey. Is that right?

And the Yugo was sold in the US. In the UK they had this little go-kart made of aluminum - sorry - aluminium foil. The running joke was What do you call its rear window defroster? Handwarmer.
    No AC, i bought it off a relative, but as most cars have a 3 year warranty the car can go into any vauxhall garage for work under the warranty
    I did'nt know what a yugo was, thanks.
    This car's a Corsa, and i've been quite pleased with it really
    BTW, i called them and was tod the manager's off till tomorrow, so i asked that the consultant call me and as yet he has'nt called.

Local Date
    07-19-2019
    Local Time

Just as likely you were talking to the manager. Nothing will happen over the phone.

Local Date
    07-20-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    hmmm...

speak to this other guy yeah but then id probably hold out for manager simply coz hell be the one with any clout to do anything....

mind you we go to a vauxhall garage and they are useless as well, we had to complain before now..... if you have no luck with the manager of the store go above him.... at the end of the day most of them are puppets....

ask to speak to the regional manager perhaps?
    life is what you make it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast