Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Greta Thunberg Is Time's Person Of The Year for 2019

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time
    05:58 PM

Re: Greta Thunberg Is Time's Person Of The Year for 2019

"https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Ad_hominem
    Ad hominem (Latin for "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, typically refers to a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the ...
    ‎Fallacious types · ‎Tu quoque · ‎Circumstantial · ‎Non-fallacious types"

What's going to happen imo is that the US (and us as well probably although if scotland beomes independent the rest of the uk might not manage to drag us down with them) are going to be left behind as countries like china and india develop alternative fuel technologies out of necessity since their pollution proiblems are a bit more immediate and deadly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=poll...gc98xdqpGQZ-M:

posted by tude dog
    "Today few people own horses and they are not used on a daily basis. The streets are now paved and everybody has electrical power, the internet, etc.

1920 census population 390 and now barely 100.

My problem with the panic of weather change is all those who want to preach what we all should do/can about it.

It is a global situation, there is no global concesus what if anything we can/do about it. "

You forgot to add nowadays farming is not the labour intensive matter it was a hundred years ago that is perhaps why the population has falllen in that particular area making it a one truck town. Tarmacadam was only patented in 1902 it would be surprising indeed if s rural town had any kind of paving. Imagine the piles of horse**** if the car hadn't been invented by those clever europeans.

It's really only the US that climate change denial is an issue. All youn can do is take care of your own back yard waiting to see if someone else does something first is a bit pointless. Not facing up to it is economic suicide as well as actual suicide.

I am a hypocrite though, I own a car and do a high mileage as for me public transport is not practical.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time
    12:58 PM

You all know that there is another thread for global warming that spot works on keeping current and these posts are perfect content for it? This thread is intended to discuss as the title suggests. I understand it's easy for subjects to intersect.

So once again I'd like to ask TD what he finds silly about GT's speech by addressing the contents of the speech rather than merely copying and pasting it.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time
    10:58 AM

My grandaughter, today was sporting a new sweatshirt with a picture of Greta T, the one from the Time cover. Apparently they have become rather popular around her school.

Seems the young'uns are tiring of us adults screwing up their world.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time

When my kids were young I learned from them that children mostly endeavor to be part of a solution. Children are good at identifying the stress their elders are dealing with and try to be helpful. Sometimes they have difficulty communicating their intentions, but they do mean well and we should always be listening to them rather than telling them to shut up or insulting them when they speak. Adults of the mindset that this president represents is toxic to our relationship, not just to the environment, but also to our young.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Despite her many supporters, Thunberg has been the recipient of criticism from high-profile figures and has even contemplated deleting her social media because of the onslaught of negative comments.

After Thunberg was named Time's Person of the Year, President Donald Trump mocked the activist on Twitter.

"So ridiculous. Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend!" Trump wrote. "Chill Greta, Chill!"

In response, Thunberg updated her Twitter bio to read: "A teenager working on her anger management problem. Currently chilling and watching a good old fashioned movie with a friend."
    A 17 year old outclassing the POTUS and his idiot son. Nice! https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...ashed-n1111436
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5