Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Psalm 109:8

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time
    07:19 AM

Re: Psalm 109:8

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Taking verses out of context is the wicked refuge of those who abuse biblical texts. I repeat, you should be ashamed of yourself. Personally.

Perhaps President Obama might find solace in an earlier verse: the speaker of the psalm begins by saying "wicked and deceitful men have opened their mouths against me; they have spoken against me with lying tongues". I'm sure he shares none of the sentiments subsequently expressed but at least he owns them which more than can be said for the bumper-sticker users.
    A verse is a verse and it's in context, as quoted. I have no shame for wishing mercy on America. Whatever you're thinking is your own issue, not mine.

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time
    03:19 PM

My personal view....it's WRONG and spiteful. Are things so bad in the US ? He was democratically elected to serve his term. When that's over I'm sure 'the people' will 'speak' and he will be in / out ...whatever the voters wish.

What a lazy way to get a point over....to steal it (out of context) from the Bible

The entire Psalm is a heartrending peice of prose if anyone cares to read it.
    A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by CinnamonBear View Post
    A verse is a verse and it's in context, as quoted.
    The verse is an integral part of a very well-known biblical curse. It's hideously unChristian to apply it to another person in the way you did.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time

Off hand, I only know about JFK, may he rest in peace.

Google is your friend.
    Yes I, as a UK citizen, know about John F. Kennedy - the American President that prevented a war with Russia - that obviously counted for nothing to the perpetrators of his murder.

You surprise me CB, that you have obviously not studied your own country's history. Shame on you !
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time
    10:19 AM

A verse is a verse and it's in context, as quoted. I have no shame for wishing mercy on America. Whatever you're thinking is your own issue, not mine.
    I hope you're a registered voter in the USA and get out to cast your vote in the next election CB. That's the only way another will take Obama's office, by being elected by the people that you feel mercy for.

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time

Whatever you're thinking is your own issue, not mine.
    Before you decide to close the thread out of embarrassment, I'd note that I'm rather startled you chose to put the thread into the Islam forum area, could you explain why you did that? I may turn out to have more than one issue, depending on the reply.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    1.Abraham Lincoln
    2.James Garfield
    3.William McKinley
    4.John F. Kennedy

Well thank you Mussy ! At least you know your American history !

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time

The verse is an integral part of a very well-known biblical curse. It's hideously unChristian to apply it to another person in the way you did.
    And that, sir, is your opinion. My first notice of the specific verse was from looking it up myself and appreciating it. Very much.

We pray for mercy on America. Not Jihad. However, it's all in God's hands, Godspeed, if you will. We will all stand alone and answer in the end. My prayers will go for my God, my family, my country. Amen.

truly, there's nothing else ...

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    I hope you're a registered voter in the USA and get out to cast your vote in the next election CB. That's the only way another will take Obama's office, by being elected by the people that you feel mercy for.
    Are you kidding? Not only am I a registered voter, I volunteer at the polls and have done so for a few years. Gotta keep 'em all in line.

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Before you decide to close the thread out of embarrassment, I'd note that I'm rather startled you chose to put the thread into the Islam forum area, could you explain why you did that? I may turn out to have more than one issue, depending on the reply.

I think a few of us would like to know why CB chose the Islam section rather than the 'General religious' section. Well noticed spot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast