+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: ForumGarden's prediction regarding this so-called Global Warming crisis

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time
    01:31 PM

Re: ForumGarden's prediction regarding this so-called Global Warming crisis

There's an interesting graphic in thday's Guardian labelled "Global oceans are getting hotter due to global heating - Change in heat content relative to 1981-2010 average in zettajoules" which is a figure I've wondered how to get hold of in the past. Not temperature, which is difficult to interpret, but change in heat content. It shows the past 80 years.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    There's an interesting graphic in thday's Guardian labelled "Global oceans are getting hotter due to global heating - Change in heat content relative to 1981-2010 average in zettajoules" which is a figure I've wondered how to get hold of in the past. Not temperature, which is difficult to interpret, but change in heat content. It shows the past 80 years.
    Converting that back to increasing sea temperature one wonders how quickly that will destabilize the methane hydrate deposits and dump gigatonnes of methane into the atmosphere?

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    Converting that back to increasing sea temperature one wonders how quickly that will destabilize the methane hydrate deposits and dump gigatonnes of methane into the atmosphere?
    The trouble with temperatures is that different bits of the ocean get different proportions of the heat, and the levels have different mixing rates. Some bits will get ten degree increases and others none, until equilibrium after an age or two.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time
    06:31 AM

Fortunately, at the depths much of it is stored, little current-caused heat exchange takes place. I hope.
    Though the Japanese and Chinese are working very hard at figuring out how to exploit all those hydrocabons.
    That could get very interesting in a couple of decades.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Fortunately, at the depths much of it is stored, little current-caused heat exchange takes place. I hope.
    Though the Japanese and Chinese are working very hard at figuring out how to exploit all those hydrocabons.
    That could get very interesting in a couple of decades.
    Apart, I think, from the southern Arctic Ocean where the Atlantic Conveyer dumps the warmer water brought up from sunnier climes and we know that there’s a lot of methane hydrate stored up there with a reasonable amount of evidence that it is already destabilizing, cause as yet uncertain.

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

I had it in mind that all these seabed clathrates were in coastal rather than abyssal waters, but I could be wrong.

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time
    06:31 AM

I had it in mind that all these seabed clathrates were in coastal rather than abyssal waters, but I could be wrong.
    I was thinking they were in deeper and colder areas, but it seems depth is not necessarily a factor.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...ethane-hydrate

There are, it seems, large deposits in arctic and Antarctic sea ice, as well as in the permafrost.
    It is the Permafrost where the primary concern is, though, not so much in the sea regions.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

Deep continental shelf but that includes quite a bit on the edges of the conveyor.

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I was thinking they were in deeper and colder areas, but it seems depth is not necessarily a factor.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...ethane-hydrate

There are, it seems, large deposits in arctic and Antarctic sea ice, as well as in the permafrost.
    It is the Permafrost where the primary concern is, though, not so much in the sea regions.
    Totally agree that the permafrost is a huge problem that is already coming into effect.

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Totally agree that the permafrost is a huge problem that is already coming into effect.
    We could have a bet on whether there will be a smallpox outbreak as the top layer thaws and bodies get uncovered. I do hope there's still a lot of vaccine in fridges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast