Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 3.17%
  • NO

47 74.60%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

10 15.87%
  • OTHER

4 6.35%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 366 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 3654

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Local Date
    05-26-2020
    Local Time
    02:29 AM

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Here is how Conservative Christians believe and think/mindset. It's pretty straight forward and easy.

1) We believe that the Bible is God's Word
    2) We believe that it says what it means and means what it says. There are times when it uses analogy, however, it will many times explain that it is one. Other times, it's blatantly obvious.
    3) We don't believe that we have the right to go against what the Bible says, even if we don't like or understand it. By faith we take God at His Word.
    4) We believe that the Bible says that Jesus Christ is the only way to Salvation, believing that He died and rose again, shedding His blood as a Sacrifice for our sins.

Undertanding those things, it's easy to figure out why we believe and act the way that we do.

Could you please explain to me the mind set of the Liberal Christian?
    I don't see anything in there that justifies a politically conservative mindset.
    I don't see anything in there about behaving towards other people in the Spirit of Christ.

I see a lost soul, hiding behind the banner of Literalism.

I will pray for you, Brother.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    05-26-2020
    Local Time
    04:29 AM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I don't see anything in there that justifies a politically conservative mindset.
    I don't see anything in there about behaving towards other people in the Spirit of Christ.

I see a lost soul, hiding behind the banner of Literalism.

I will pray for you, Brother.

The Politically Conservative mindset is in accordance with the Bible
    The way that we behave toward other people in the Spirit of Christ is laid out in the Bible

You haven't answered my question. Please explain the Liberal mindset vs the Conservative one that I outlined.

Local Date
    05-26-2020
    Local Time

The Politically Conservative mindset is in accordance with the Bible
    The way that we behave toward other people in the Spirit of Christ is laid out in the Bible

You haven't answered my question. Please explain the Liberal mindset vs the Conservative one that I outlined.
    Only after you show how "The Politically Conservative mindset is in accordance with the Bible", and Abusing the Poor and the immigrant, and ignoring the elderly, and being willing to abandon the sick for the sake of the economy are done in the spirit of Christ.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    05-26-2020
    Local Time

Only after you show how "The Politically Conservative mindset is in accordance with the Bible", and Abusing the Poor and the immigrant, and ignoring the elderly, and being willing to abandon the sick for the sake of the economy are done in the spirit of Christ.
    No agreeing with Liberals doesn't equate not caring about these things. We believe in policies that actually work and it shows in the numbers when Conservative policies are used.

I could pick these things apart, but it's not going to make any difference anyway.

Why won't you answer my question? Can't you explain your thought process?

Local Date
    05-26-2020
    Local Time

Sorry, but I am not sure what is meant by the term "Liberal Christian" I have no such definition. You will have to provide that.

You're either a Christian, or you're not.
    and a christian should be about caring for the needy, rather than supporting the political oppressors.
    “Is not this the fast that I choose:
    to loose the bonds of wickedness,
    to undo the straps of the yoke,
    to let the oppressed go free,
    and to break every yoke?
    7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry
    and bring the homeless poor into your house;
    when you see the naked, to cover him,
    and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?"
    Isaiah 58:6-7
    - Anon

Local Date
    05-26-2020
    Local Time

In case you missed it:

High COVID-19 Attack Rate Among Attendees at Events at a Church — Arkansas, March 2020
    Summary
    What is already known about this topic?

Large gatherings pose a risk for SARS-CoV-2 transmission.

What is added by this report?

Among 92 attendees at a rural Arkansas church during March 6–11, 35 (38%) developed laboratory-confirmed COVID-19, and three persons died. Highest attack rates were in persons aged 19–64 years (59%) and ≥65 years (50%). An additional 26 cases linked to the church occurred in the community, including one death.

What are the implications for public health practice?

Faith-based organizations should work with local health officials to determine how to implement the U.S. Government guidelines for modifying activities during the COVID-19 pandemic to prevent transmission of the virus to their members and their communities.
    - Anon

Local Date
    05-26-2020
    Local Time
    09:29 AM

Far from the Recovery Rate being 99%, it's currently at 84%.
    Recovery from Flu is about 95% - probably higher as most cases are never reported.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

It really scares me when I see all the Trumpist Knuckle Draggers still inisting that C19 is a hoax.

Local Date
    05-26-2020
    Local Time

Sorry, but I am not sure what is meant by the term "Liberal Christian" I have no such definition. You will have to provide that.

You're either a Christian, or you're not.
    and a christian should be about caring for the needy, rather than supporting the political oppressors.
    “Is not this the fast that I choose:
    to loose the bonds of wickedness,
    to undo the straps of the yoke,
    to let the oppressed go free,
    and to break every yoke?
    7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry
    and bring the homeless poor into your house;
    when you see the naked, to cover him,
    and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?"
    Isaiah 58:6-7
    A "Liberal Christian" tends to describe someone who says that they are Christian, but they don't believe that the Bible is God's Word and not to be taken literally, but rather they believe that it is left up to the reader to decide if it fits what the reader wants to be true.

I agree that you are either a Christian or you are not. A true Christian has a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ, has placed their faith in Him for salvation and believes in their heart that He died and rose again, shedding His blood as a Sacrifice for their sins. This person has repented of their unbelief and turned to Christ for salvation from their heart.

As a result of being a Christian, God puts a desire in your heart to please Him and obey Him.

Conservatives and Christians care about the needy, which is why Churches help out the needy through food banks, blood drives, disaster relief, ect. Conservative policies lower the poverty rate and Liberal ones make it skyrocket. So that argument that they don't care about the poor is false.

Local Date
    05-26-2020
    Local Time

In case you missed it:

High COVID-19 Attack Rate Among Attendees at Events at a Church — Arkansas, March 2020
    Summary
    What is already known about this topic?

Large gatherings pose a risk for SARS-CoV-2 transmission.

What is added by this report?

Among 92 attendees at a rural Arkansas church during March 6–11, 35 (38%) developed laboratory-confirmed COVID-19, and three persons died. Highest attack rates were in persons aged 19–64 years (59%) and ≥65 years (50%). An additional 26 cases linked to the church occurred in the community, including one death.

What are the implications for public health practice?

Faith-based organizations should work with local health officials to determine how to implement the U.S. Government guidelines for modifying activities during the COVID-19 pandemic to prevent transmission of the virus to their members and their communities.
    Everyone is going to get COVID19. They claimed that the reason that they were shutting everything down was to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed. The hospitals are now caught up and stocked up, yet they continue to shut things down. The hospitals are laying people off left and right because they are so slow. The studies are showing that it's no more deadly than the flu after all. They are also beefing up the numbers by attributing non COVID deaths to the virus when it was actually something else. For instance, if a person died in a car crash, but the person tested positive for the virus, they would count it as a COVID death. I don't trust the Government like you do. They told us a lot of things a couple months ago by these "experts" that we now know are not true and I knew were false then.

Local Date
    05-26-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Everyone is going to get COVID19. They claimed that the reason that they were shutting everything down was to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed. The hospitals are now caught up and stocked up, yet they continue to shut things down. The hospitals are laying people off left and right because they are so slow. The studies are showing that it's no more deadly than the flu after all. They are also beefing up the numbers by attributing non COVID deaths to the virus when it was actually something else. For instance, if a person died in a car crash, but the person tested positive for the virus, they would count it as a COVID death. I don't trust the Government like you do. They told us a lot of things a couple months ago by these "experts" that we now know are not true and I knew were false then.

That is such a weak argument. Using the "Everybody is going to get" it to justify ignoring the directives of the health agencies, is just plain stupidity.
    Your ignorance is showing again, Bob.
    - Anon

+ Reply to Thread