Make these ads go away.

View Poll Results: DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM THIS POST TO GOD?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 3.17%
  • NO

47 74.60%
  • I ALREADY PRAYED ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

10 15.87%
  • OTHER

4 6.35%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 353 of 355 FirstFirst ... 253 303 343 351 352 353 354 355 LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 3550

Thread: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    05:21 PM

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    "The Bible is God's Word,..."
    Umm, no. The Bible is compiled from several sources, and is very interesting, yes. But,
    People who put their faith in a book, and other peoples' interpretations of said book are missing something.
    I personally don't trust ANYBODY's interpretations of the Bible.
    I have little use for you Bible-thumpers.
    My faith is in God, not your Bible.

I don't need a "Written Contract with the Maker" as my uncle used to call it.

I think that it was St Augustine that opined that if you find a conflict between nature and scripture, you are reading the scripture with the wrong heart.
    So then if the Bible is not God's Word, then what do you place your beliefs on regarding who Christ is, the Way of Salvation, what is or is not right behavior? How does God communicate these things to you or does it come from you? Also, is the Bible lying when it declares it's self to be the Word of God? What about Jesus when He quotes Scripture as authoritatively from God and expects us to believe it? Is Jesus wrong?

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    03:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    So then if the Bible is not God's Word, then what do you place your beliefs on regarding who Christ is, the Way of Salvation, what is or is not right behavior?
    The Heart knows.

How does God communicate these things to you or does it come from you?
    The Heart knows

Also, is the Bible lying when it declares it's self to be the Word of God?
    How you interpret the Bible is your business.

What about Jesus when He quotes Scripture as authoritatively from God and expects us to believe it? Is Jesus wrong?
    See previous answers.

Your scare tactic theology is a waste of everybody's time.

No one is going to die and go to hell. They were all forgiven for "Original Sin" 2000 years ago.
    "It is finished."

As for their own actions, and how they will answer for those, that is their business, not ours.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time

The Heart knows.

The Heart knows
    I understand that you don't believe as I do, but I am just going to tell you what the Bible says about this:

The Bible says that you can't trust your own heart:

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Mt 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

How you interpret the Bible is your business.

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    (KJV)

See previous answers.

Your scare tactic theology is a waste of everybody's time.

No one is going to die and go to hell. They were all forgiven for "Original Sin" 2000 years ago.
    "It is finished."
    As for their own actions, and how they will answer for those, that is their business, not ours.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, this is not about scare tactics. This is about what is actually true and what is false. Again, the Bible says otherwise on the topic of hell as well. Everyone has forgiveness available to them, but only those who place their faith in Christ believing that He died and rose again, shedding His blood as a Sacrifice for our sins will be forgiven according to Scripture. What was finished is the WAY of Salvation, but we have to appropriate it. It's like this, If you commit a crime, say you kill someone and are sentenced to life in prison. Then the President comes and offers you a pardon for your crime. In order to get out of Prison, you have to accept the Pardon. What if someone says to the President that they reject His Pardon? Then they have to stay in Prison and serve their sentence even though they could have gotten out. It's exactly like that with Salvation.

Jesus said:

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This thread is not about condemning people or pointing my fingers at them. It's about showing them what God's Word says about Salvation. It's not a matter of interpretation, it's pretty plainly stated. That's all I am saying.

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time

I understand that you don't believe as I do, but I am just going to tell you what the Bible says about this:

The Bible says that you can't trust your own heart:

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Mt 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    (KJV)

Honestly, this is not about scare tactics. This is about what is actually true and what is false. Again, the Bible says otherwise on the topic of hell as well. Everyone has forgiveness available to them, but only those who place their faith in Christ believing that He died and rose again, shedding His blood as a Sacrifice for our sins will be forgiven according to Scripture. What was finished is the WAY of Salvation, but we have to appropriate it. It's like this, If you commit a crime, say you kill someone and are sentenced to life in prison. Then the President comes and offers you a pardon for your crime. In order to get out of Prison, you have to accept the Pardon. What if someone says to the President that they reject His Pardon? Then they have to stay in Prison and serve their sentence even though they could have gotten out. It's exactly like that with Salvation.

Jesus said:

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This thread is not about condemning people or pointing my fingers at them. It's about showing them what God's Word says about Salvation. It's not a matter of interpretation, it's pretty plainly stated. That's all I am saying.
    We've already established that I don't buy into the bible-thumper line.
    The interesting thing is that people can dig through the bible and find passages to support just about any point of view that they wish to run with.
    Therefore the Bible actually does not prove much of anything when it comes to what to believe.

I can toss out a whole lot of names of people who use the bible for their own gains.
    Neo-Nazis, White supremacists, Slavers, Businessmen, Preachers, Scam Artists, terrorists, Politicians, and there are some men who are all of the above. Snakes and Monsters.

So, using the Bible to support your fallacies is a waste of time.

"It is finished." - John 19:30
    "... Go and sin no more." - John 8:11
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time

We've already established that I don't buy into the bible-thumper line.
    The interesting thing is that people can dig through the bible and find passages to support just about any point of view that they wish to run with.
    Therefore the Bible actually does not prove much of anything when it comes to what to believe.

I can toss out a whole lot of names of people who use the bible for their own gains.
    Neo-Nazis, White supremacists, Slavers, Businessmen, Preachers, Scam Artists, terrorists, Politicians, and there are some men who are all of the above. Snakes and Monsters.

So, using the Bible to support your fallacies is a waste of time.

"It is finished." - John 19:30
    "... Go and sin no more." - John 8:11
    Well, my point was that you said that you base your beliefs on the Bible and other things, then when I quote the Bible, you don't believe it. You have to look at the Bible IN CONTEXT, which is what those cult types are NOT doing. We are going to have to agree to disagree.

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time

Please take the time to read this first post and vote in the poll if you haven't yet.

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time

Well, my point was that you said that you base your beliefs on the Bible and other things, then when I quote the Bible, you don't believe it. You have to look at the Bible IN CONTEXT, which is what those cult types are NOT doing. We are going to have to agree to disagree.
    You're one of those "Cult types"
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time

You're one of those "Cult types"
    No, I am the type that actually believes what the Bible says as Christ expected us to:

Jesus said:

Lu 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time

No, I am the type that actually believes what the Bible says as Christ expected us to...
    That is what all the cults say.
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    That is what all the cults say.
    It can be easily shown that the cultists twist Scripture by comparing Scripture with Scripture as we are commanded to. If you actually know what the Bible says, are led of the Spirit and know and how it fits together you shouldn't be fooled.

Ac 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

+ Reply to Thread