Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Mass Mudering sprees in USA!

Local Date
    08-19-2019
    Local Time
    12:27 AM

Re: Mass Mudering sprees in USA!

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    However, licences can be obtained, provided various criteria were observed. Airguns are still available, and some of those are very powerful. There are still ways to get an illegal firearm, and of course this will always happen, but people in the UK cannot just walk around the nation carrying a firearm !
    In the United Kingdom:

the number of rifles in civilian possession is reported to be 524,489
    the number of shotguns in civilian possession is reported to be 1,537,967
    the number of handguns in civilian possession is reported to be 14,501

https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/r...united-kingdom

I take it "civilian" means not armed by reason of employment.

That's about 5% of households. About 2% of civilian adults in the UK live in a household with a firearm.

it seems that most American adults own guns of one sort or another
    Just under one in three civilian American households possess a firearm of any sort. I assume the CBS article refers to non-uniformed households but I've not looked closely.

Is there so much hate and fear in America that most citizens feel the desperate need to carry a gun ?
    I'm quite sure that most don't. I doubt even one in twenty civilian Americans carries a gun.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time
    07:27 PM

In America, over the years the powers to be decided to "close the majority of the "Mental Institutions" here. They were used to house those that needed mental help treatment and even many times incarceration. Today those same type people who were in those institutions needing help, are now walking free among us on our streets! Unfortunately, many of these people with Mental Issues have access to fire arms! America needs to wise up and not focus so much on Gun Control laws. And start opening up Mental Institutions again! It would be a hell of a lot better then changing some wording on existing Gun laws, and or creating new Gun laws.
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

Local Date
    08-19-2019
    Local Time
    12:27 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    I'm not entirely sure American mental institutions are particularly healthy places.

Freeman went on to develop a new form of lobotomy which dispensed with the need for a neurosurgeon. He hammered an ice pick-like instrument, an orbitoclast, through the eye socket and swept through the frontal lobes. The transorbital or "ice pick" lobotomy was done under local anesthesia or using electroconvulsive therapy to render the patient unconscious and could be performed in mental hospitals lacking surgical facilities. Such was Freeman's zeal that he began to travel around the nation in his own personal van, which he called his "lobotomobile", demonstrating the procedure in psychiatric hospitals. Freeman's patients included 19 children, one of whom was 4 years old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psycho...#North_America
    I would find it unsettling to discover that these facilities were being re-introduced. I mistrust psychiatry. I think I prefer the murder sprees in the schools, nightclubs and malls, to be honest, they do less damage to fewer people and at least the perpetrator doesn't get paid.

Who needs firearms when you can have an ice-pick, a couple of orderlies to hold your victims down and clinical practice guidelines from the American Psychiatric Association.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4