Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    06:28 AM

Re: Tough road ahead in Senate for health care bill

Quote Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
    Government should govern, not change our diapers and suckle us cradle to grave.
    So are you against social security and medicare?
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.
    Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    05:28 AM

It is time to get some sort of national health care. Right now for me my wife and my youngest boy I pay over $800.00 a month. I have to pay $50.00 to visit a doctor and a minimum of $500.00 to go to the hospital for an emergency.

I was just informed by my insurance carrier (Blue Cross) that they will not renew my policies because not enough of my employees opt for insurance. I no have to get my insurance and the employees that want it independently. I have no idea what that will be.

A few months ago I turned 50, my wife signed me up for a physical because I had not been to the doctor for any reason for 13 years. I paid my $50.00 plus had to pay for blood work. The doctors office advised me that I was in fine health but it would be a good idea to get a colonoscopy since I had never had one and I am now 50 yrs old. I made an appointment. The hospital called me to inform me that I would need to bring $2500.00 with me to pay the hospital for my procedure since I had not fulfilled my $5000.00 deductible (i think) I told them to kiss my ass I have spent over $100,000.00 on insurance for the last 13 years never using it and I cant even get some preventative procedure for less than $2500.00. You have got to be kidding me.

This doesn't even bring into account the employees that work for me and cant afford insurance. They don't have enough left over to pay $200.00 a month or more out of their checks. When they do need a doctor they go to the hospital and get treated. Then the hospital sues them for the money owed and garnish their checks, now have they even less money for insurance because they are being garnished. Not to mention their credit rating are crap now.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    07:28 AM

Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    It is time to get some sort of national health care. Right now for me my wife and my youngest boy I pay over $800.00 a month. I have to pay $50.00 to visit a doctor and a minimum of $500.00 to go to the hospital for an emergency.

I was just informed by my insurance carrier (Blue Cross) that they will not renew my policies because not enough of my employees opt for insurance. I no have to get my insurance and the employees that want it independently. I have no idea what that will be.

A few months ago I turned 50, my wife signed me up for a physical because I had not been to the doctor for any reason for 13 years. I paid my $50.00 plus had to pay for blood work. The doctors office advised me that I was in fine health but it would be a good idea to get a colonoscopy since I had never had one and I am now 50 yrs old. I made an appointment. The hospital called me to inform me that I would need to bring $2500.00 with me to pay the hospital for my procedure since I had not fulfilled my $5000.00 deductible (i think) I told them to kiss my ass I have spent over $100,000.00 on insurance for the last 13 years never using it and I cant even get some preventative procedure for less than $2500.00. You have got to be kidding me.

This doesn't even bring into account the employees that work for me and cant afford insurance. They don't have enough left over to pay $200.00 a month or more out of their checks. When they do need a doctor they go to the hospital and get treated. Then the hospital sues them for the money owed and garnish their checks, now have they even less money for insurance because they are being garnished. Not to mention their credit rating are crap now.
    My question being is a colonoscopy truly worth $2500? Including labor.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by K.Snyder View Post
    My question being is a colonoscopy truly worth $2500? Including labor.
    Not sure. Damn sure worth it if it finds a early problem that can be treated. Not worth it if it finds a healthy poop shoot.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Not sure. Damn sure worth it if it finds a early problem that can be treated. Not worth it if it finds a healthy poop shoot.
    Can't you tell the doc it's suspected hemmroids and get it covered?
    I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by flopstock View Post
    I have no idea. I would assume my GP would have to do something like that.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

I'm not having any problems or anything. I have a cousin who is just now getting over (thankfully) colon cancer and wifey thought it would be a good idea. He is not a blood relative cousin so it isn't a family thing.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

I'm not having any problems or anything. I have a cousin who is just now getting over (thankfully) colon cancer and wifey thought it would be a good idea. He is not a blood relative cousin so it isn't a family thing.
    Trick is to find it early dear.

Check into other outpatient options. It's a sad fact , but you need to start taking care of yourself!

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Trick is to find it early dear.

Check into other outpatient options. It's a sad fact , but you need to start taking care of yourself!
    Can't afford to take care of yourself in this country anymore.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    11:28 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Cost should be nothing to do with the results - does the cost of administering the procedure plus checking the results plus a reasonable profit margin for the hospital come to $2,500.

If yes, fair enough but I would suspect that the profit margin is far from reasonable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast